• Danny Manning Out At Wake

#27525  by Paul C
 Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:54 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:53 pm
A Wake friend of mine likes Russ Turner, ,now HC out west somewhere but was Wake asst for awhile.
Not to re open old wounds but Russell Turner was a finalist for the FU job but we hired Jeff Jackson instead.

My bro went to school w his wife and knows them. He’d be a good fit.
 #27533  by Roundball
 Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:54 am
If you want some entertaining reading, go to the WF fan forum . Think some of us are crazy? Those guys are absolutely nuts. Discussion of a plane in route right now from W-S to Greenville with their AD on board to meet with Coach Richey. Wake is smart to interview Bob. If true, Bob is smart to interview,. If nothing else, for the experience of going through the process with a P5 ACC school. All that said, I don’t think the Wake fans on their forum will be happy with anyone but Forbes. If a potential coach reads the discussion, he will run far away.
 #27554  by tya1
 Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:16 pm
Some of the posters on ETSU's board think the decision was between ETSU coach Forbes and UNCG coach Miller, and they think it is going to be Forbes.
 #27562  by furpop16
 Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:30 am
Interesting that everything seems to be pointing to Forbes.

Here are two good articles on why Forbes is not the best fit for Wake:
-

- https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sport ... 97351.html

For my $.02, his mercenary style would fit nicely with their fan board. As previously observed, it's a s*show over there: https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthr ... ad/page194
 #27569  by cavedweller2
 Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:36 pm
CBSSportsline.com reporting that it is Forbes.
 #27574  by FurmAlum
 Fri May 01, 2020 10:24 am
This just shows what a small-minded wimp John Currie really is. He took the safe route. If he had any guts, he would have took a little risk and hired Bob Richey. The result would have been a return to relevance for the WF program, multiple NCAA tournament appearances, and maybe future ACC championships.

The critics would have argued Richey has not won any NCAA games, is not ready for the ACC, etc. I think they would have been proven wrong. Great success goes to those who are willing to take bold action, go against the grain, and take some risk.

Thank goodness for us he didn't do it!!

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.