• SOCON Landscape Next Year

#89602  by FUBeAR
 Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:54 am
Monday wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:55 pm
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... rking-team

Those rascally Terriers, what have they gotten themselves mixed up in now?

Not much really. A $5k fine and loss of weekly practice time.

But these kids need all the time they can get for that grinding Wofford course work.
Film study, walkthroughs, AND workouts! Oh my!!

#NoDaysOff
:roll:
FU Hoopla liked this
 #89606  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:36 am
Well this is actually pretty funny, I thought he was like beating his players or something lol
Last edited by FU Hoopla on Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #89607  by soconjohn
 Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:50 am
What does exactly a 1-yr probation mean? And why is the NCAA punishing Wofford anyway? The players had nothing to do with what was going on…Here again the NCAA is being ridiculous.
 #89608  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:59 am
soconjohn wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:50 am
What does exactly a 1-yr probation mean? And why is the NCAA punishing Wofford anyway? The players had nothing to do with what was going on…Here again the NCAA is being ridiculous.
Well, the only 'punishment' that applies towards the players here is more free time :lol:
 #89619  by FurmAlum
 Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:38 pm
Back in the day our fall preseason basketball practices lasted at least 2, sometimes 2 1/2 hours. And then at the end we had to run sprints until a lot of people puked. Nobody including parents ever complained (that I know of).

And that was in 7th grade BB.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #89625  by tim
 Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:15 am
Everything is becoming player centered. If something isn't done, coaches won't be much more than meat handlers. Left to the players devices, I don't think athletes will develop.....and sometimes you must puke in a hot gym for 4 years of what should be a privilege
FU Hoopla liked this
 #89629  by Roundball
 Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:50 am
tim wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:02 pm
McCauley wanted those players to win. Unforgivable!
The “in the know” Wofford supporters will tell you there is more to McCauley’s issues than pushing the players to work hard. It is known that Wofford gave him plenty of chances with anger management. I really liked McCauley, but he got what he deserved. Wofford has a good one now in Coach Perry. He works his players hard too, but with dignity.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.