• Coaches Show

#81336  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:21 pm
What was said on the Coaches Show with Huff and (I think ) Sochovka today?
 #81337  by AstroDin
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:57 pm
Huff said he was ready to go.
He did practice last week (I think they had three practices).
He practiced yesterday.
I don't think Roberto was mentioned, but based on CCH's comments, they were healthier.

You know the show is available to watch 24/7 on YouTube?
hypercycloid liked this
 #81338  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:01 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:57 pm
Huff said he was ready to go.
He did practice last week (I think they had three practices).
He practiced yesterday.
I don't think Roberto was mentioned, but based on CCH's comments, they were healthier.

You know the show is available to watch 24/7 on YouTube?
Thanks

any mention of the OL? We were playing a few guys at Woffd who don't play much...
 #81339  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:18 pm
Call me crazy but I just didn’t get a good vibe watching the coaches show.
 #81344  by AstroDin
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:34 pm
AllTimeFU wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:22 pm
Giving no bulletin material.
Ditto! Furman's been here before… and knows what's at stake. Win, you keep playing, lose, and it's over for many men. Matt said as much. I didn't expect a bunch of hyped-up emotions. I think the team is still a bit raw from the Wofford game (in a good way).
 #81345  by AstroDin
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:38 pm
apaladin wrote:
Looks like based on your post on AGS you've already called the game for UTC!
 #81348  by FU3
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:13 pm
apaladin wrote:
I thought I would have had to wait in line to make this statement but nonetheless… you are crazy! :)
apaladin, Purple rain liked this
 #81349  by Flagman
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:52 pm
The vibe I got was confidence. They've been there before so they know how important it is to keep levelheaded. I especially liked the humility displayed by Tyler.
hypercycloid, apaladin, AstroDin and 5 others liked this
 #81352  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:01 pm
AstroDin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Yep the pessimist in me. 😳 Unfortunately I have the same feeling I had before the debacle game. Maybe that one is still lingerung?
 #81354  by AstroDin
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:27 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:01 pm
AstroDin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Yep the pessimist in me. 😳 Unfortunately I have the same feeling I had before the debacle game. Maybe that one is still lingerung?
I just read Monte's excellent post about the upcoming game, and after reading the quotes by Huff and Sochovka, I feel even stronger you love being a pessimist when it comes to Furman.

https://wellpilgrim.wordpress.com/2023/ ... attanooga/

I hope Monte, you're ok with me lifting this, the more I think about Apaladin's pessimism post - it pisses me off. Sorry! When I read this, it makes me want to yell louder for these guys not doubt them.

“It’s about winning games, but it’s about let’s not end this moment, these moments we have together as brothers. I think that’s what fuels me in these playoffs. We don’t want to not be together anymore.” - Matt Sochovka
FUBeAR, hypercycloid, gman84 liked this
 #81360  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:21 pm
UTC is a good team. The notion that we could be in the round of 16 and face anything other than a really good team is fantasy.
Davemeister liked this
 #81361  by Afurmanfan
 Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:57 pm
There will always be negative people in any group- work, church, fans.
I know from experience I can’t change them so I do my best to ignore or they can get me miserable with them.
A true fan SUPPORTS his team win lose or draw. It is more fun to be positive and inevitably be disappointed from time to time than continuously finding fault in the team you supposedly “support”.
FurmAlum, AstroDin, Purple rain and 1 others liked this
 #81367  by gofurman
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:25 am
Afurmanfan wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:57 pm
There will always be negative people in any group- work, church, fans.
I know from experience I can’t change them so I do my best to ignore or they can get me miserable with them.
A true fan SUPPORTS his team win lose or draw. It is more fun to be positive and inevitably be disappointed from time to time than continuously finding fault in the team you supposedly “support”.
I think y’all need to lay off AP. it gets me down the way y’all pile on. It’s real easy - and there is dripping irony here - to be on the side of the many (vs the side of the one which may be AP). It’s like school yard bullies. Let him be.

If that’s the way he enjoys the game then so be it. I enjoy keeping up with injuries/health. Whatever. I have a friend who honestly expects every movie to be bad. Then he leaves the theatre pleasantly surprised many times.

I’ll throw this in for thought. I GUARANTEE CCH - though fully believing in the team - finds faults and analyzes weaknesses. It’s his job. If he doesn’t the opponent will. Every assistant we have better find and address those weaknesses. Before the opponent does because they will. Both teams are seeking to find things to exploit in the other
 #81371  by AstroDin
 Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:05 am
GoFU. I've said all I'm gonna say related to AP.
Concerning your post for us to stop piling on.
I'm the only one that mentioned AP by name.

I'm a fan, win or lose.
I also believe in our guys.
I've had the good fortune to meet Matt as a student, and I sat with him in Asheville when Furman took down Chattanooga. The pessimism stuff hit a nerve. I have no doubt that Matt and the other players who have a playing career on the line Saturday will give their all.