• ESPN3 / ESPN+ - HUGE Price Increase

#71277  by Davemeister
 Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:55 am
Roundball wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:05 am
At the increase to $99.99, I dropped the annual subscription. I do pay $10.59 during the months of September to March. It is worth that to watch Paladins football and basketball. There is no reason to watch ESPN+ during the other months.

Nailed it.
 #71279  by MNORM
 Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:21 am
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:43 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:25 pm
Mine increased a while back up to 9.95 a month as I pay monthly so I guess the new yearly rate kicks in when its time for renewal. Even with the increase it’s less than $8.50 a month. For what you get it’s a huge bargain. Can’t complain at all
u may want to look at HULU. For around 90 bucks u get normal channel + ESPN+ and tons of sports + Disney Channel
Not sure if this offer is still around...
About two years ago I switched to an unlimited plan thru Verizon when my work transitioned to a BYOD/Stipend arrangement. A perk of the unlimited plan was FREE ESPN+/HULU/Disney+. Heck of a deal.
 #71282  by JohnKX512
 Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:29 am
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:55 am
Roundball wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:05 am
At the increase to $99.99, I dropped the annual subscription. I do pay $10.59 during the months of September to March. It is worth that to watch Paladins football and basketball. There is no reason to watch ESPN+ during the other months.

Nailed it.
If you subscribe to ESPN+ just to watch Furman football, that is the way.

However, living over 7 hours from Greenville, $100 is a bargain for me to watch Football and Basketball games, every Greenville Triumph game (+ my new Louisville City soccer team), and a bunch of Lacrosse (every FU men's game was on pre covid). It pays for itself to just watch one football game for me. One day when my kids are old enough we will travel to more than just homecoming. But for now it is amazing to be able to support Furman, even have some neighbors over (such as during the SoCon tournament games), and watch Furman from Kentucky.

Lastly, there are millions of subscribers to ESPN+ and many will certainly be tuning into Furman basketball next season, and with that I am sure more people watching our Football team with the march madness name recognition. Just having the app open and seeing FU will draw some fans now.

So much coverage compared to 10 years ago.
Bootie liked this
 #71293  by FUBeAR
 Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:05 pm
MNORM wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:21 am
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:43 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:25 pm
Mine increased a while back up to 9.95 a month as I pay monthly so I guess the new yearly rate kicks in when its time for renewal. Even with the increase it’s less than $8.50 a month. For what you get it’s a huge bargain. Can’t complain at all
u may want to look at HULU. For around 90 bucks u get normal channel + ESPN+ and tons of sports + Disney Channel
Not sure if this offer is still around...
About two years ago I switched to an unlimited plan thru Verizon when my work transitioned to a BYOD/Stipend arrangement. A perk of the unlimited plan was FREE ESPN+/HULU/Disney+. Heck of a deal.
Email address and password?
 #71307  by 'Din Djarin
 Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:09 am
I bundle Hulu, Disney +, and ESPN+ all together for 20 bucks a month. I have always felt like I get more than my money's worth (from all 3 platforms) with this set-up - particularly from ESPN+. If you're into the PGA, the FCS, and college baseball like me, ESPN+ is a must-have.
 #71538  by Roundball
 Tue May 02, 2023 12:31 pm
I finally caught a break for a change. I was in an old plan with Verizon due to my wife’s teaching position with GC schools. I changed to an unlimited plan yesterday, and got the 55+ discount. Got unlimited, with Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu, all for about $10 less that what I had been paying for just Verizon.
apaladin, dornb, Davemeister liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by The Jackal

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:38 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.