• REALIGNMENT

#54452  by apaladin
 Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:35 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:42 am
A change like that would virtually guarantee we'd finally win the SoCon tourney
Lol, correct. There has not been one positive post about this. Everyone hates the idea as we all do. It shouldn’t even be an idea.
 #54455  by Roundball
 Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:36 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:35 pm
Paul C wrote:
Lol, correct. There has not been one positive post about this. Everyone hates the idea as we all do. It shouldn’t even be an idea.
It’s another reason to hate the super power hungry SEC.
MNORM liked this
 #54471  by Affirm
 Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:43 pm
Paul C wrote:
The" silver lining" (metaphorically only, not financially) would be that we could end the season as CHAMPIONS and we could also end the season with a WIN, not with a loss. I realize that is not necessarily true if we decided to participate in any lower level post-season tournament, which we almost certainly would do in such a situation.
 #54472  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:47 pm
affirm wrote:
Paul C wrote:
The" silver lining" (metaphorically only, not financially) would be that we would end the season as CHAMPIONS and we would also end the season with a WIN, not with a loss.
Maybe, but not necessarily; HCS (Hoops Championship Subdivision) Teams will have their own Tournament/Playoffs.
 #54476  by Affirm
 Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:11 pm
WILL FCS TEAMS BE ABLE TO PLAY GAMES AGAINST THE "FUTURE B1G" TEAMS AND THE "FUTURE SEC" TEAMS (after the dust settles)?

Many additional changes may come about, but as of right now, this is the question.

This has to do with after Texas and Oklahoma have joined the SEC and after UCLA and USC have joined the B1G.

12 of the current B1G schools have 34 games scheduled in future seasons against FCS schools. Michigan and Rutgers are the only 2 B1G schools that do not have any such games scheduled. Chattanooga, South Carolina State, and Richmond are among the 34 scheduled games being played against the other 12 current B1G schools..

Current SEC schools have 61 games scheduled in future seasons against FCS schools. The one with the least is Auburn with only 1 FCS opponent scheduled for any future season (vs. Mercer on 9/3/22). The one with the most is Missouri with 9 FCS opponent scheduled for future seasons and the one with the second-most is UGA with 7 FCS opponents scheduled for future seasons. TAMU and VU each have 5.

SoCon schools involved are WCU (x2), Mercer (x2), ETSU, FU (x3), Citadel, Samford (x2, Wofford (x2), and Chattanooga. [I did not subtract from the 61 games the ones scheduled for 2022; those will obviously be played unless there is some national disaster.] Some of the other future games of interest for SEC vs. FCS schools ( … of interest mainly due to these schools' locations) among these 61 games include APSU (x4), UT Martin, Tennessee Tech, Campbell, NCA&TSU, Jacksonville State, Elon, and Charleston Southern.

So a total of 14 of the 61 games involve the 8 SoCon schools listed above
(… if VMI has future games scheduled vs. SEC teams, I missed it; but I did see WFU, NCSU, Navy, VaTech, and WVU on VMI's future schedules);
and a total of 47 games involve 28 non-SoCon.

FYI:
UCLA has 2 future games scheduled against FCS opponents, one of those being North Carolina Central.
USC has 0 future games scheduled against FCS opponents. I am not aware that USC has ever played a game against any FCS opponent
Texas has 0 future games scheduled against FCS opponents. I am not aware that Texas has ever played a game against any FCS opponent.
Oklahoma has 1 future game scheduled against, an FCS opponent, Illinois State.

FYI:
Furman's future opponents include SEC schools 1 each against Mississippi, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Future Furman opponents also include Clemson (x2).
Wofford's future opponents include 1 SEC school: South Carolina (x2).
Last edited by Affirm on Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #54477  by apaladin
 Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:02 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:47 pm
affirm wrote:
Paul C wrote:
The" silver lining" (metaphorically only, not financially) would be that we would end the season as CHAMPIONS and we would also end the season with a WIN, not with a loss.
Maybe, but not necessarily; HCS (Hoops Championship Subdivision) Teams will have their own Tournament/Playoffs.
Who would care?
Affirm liked this
 #54478  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:51 am
Kinda funny with a nice little ‘dig’ courtesy of the SoCon at the end…

#54486  by apaladin
 Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:00 pm
So much for USC never playing an FCS opponent. They just added UNLV to their 2027 schedule. Yes I know not FCS but same thing. :lol:
 #54496  by Affirm
 Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:04 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:00 pm
So much for USC never playing an FCS opponent. They just added UNLV to their 2027 schedule. Yes I know not FCS but same thing. :lol:
Oh I would say U of Southern Cal has played many opponents at the UNLV level.
I was only saying not “ **actual** FCS”.
…Rice?
…Fresno State?
…San Jose State?
…Idaho?
…Hawaii?