• Furman @ College Of Charleston Dec. 5

#33618  by PaladinPower
 Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:03 am
BREAKING: I believe I misspoke earlier. I think I got FloSports mixed up with FloHoops. The link provided by the FUHoops twitter gives the option for $12.50 per month to subscribe and not $30.
 #33619  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:00 am
PaladinPower wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:03 am
BREAKING: I believe I misspoke earlier. I think I got FloSports mixed up with FloHoops. The link provided by the FUHoops twitter gives the option for $12.50 per month to subscribe and not $30.
I think if you go to flosports you have the option to just subscribe to one sport ie basketball flohoops. The big question is do they Bill you for the whole year? They say no refunds. If someone decides to sign up or already have can you clarify. Thanks

Update: If you follow the link from the FU site it does say the $12.50 is “paid monthly” so I may go for it. 😀
 #33621  by Flagman
 Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:21 am
I don't get to listen to Dan often, so I'm going to stick with that, now that we have a good network that can broadcast beyond two miles.
apaladin, Davemeister, DanScott and 1 others liked this
 #33624  by tya1
 Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:24 pm
I haven't seen CofC play this year but their coach tends to put physical, athletic teams on the court with one or two good shooters. From a look at the roster that appears to be the case again. They have 6'7" 250 Fr. Dontavius King , 6'8" 240 Sr. Osinachi Smart, and 6'8" 215 Sr. transfer Lorenzo Edwards in the regular rotation and 6'9" 235 Jr. Samba Ndiaye and 6'11" Fr. Keegan Harvey also available. Their leading scorers are 6'2 Sr. Brevin Galloway, 6'1 Jr. Zep Jasper, and 6'4" Sr. Payton Willis - all averaging about 15 points per game. King is the only big man averaging over 5 points a game with 11.0 ppg. Smart leads the rebounding with 8.5 per game and Edwards gets 4.5 per rpg and is the their best shot blocker.

Galloway and Edwards were players Furman tried to sign when they were in high school. Galloway is from Anderson and Edwards from Chicago. King is also a local player - from Greenville.

The Cougars lost to North Carolina 79-60 in their opener and beat Limestone by 40 in their other game. CofC shot the ball OK against UNC but were dominated on the boards, and NC had big advantages in steals, blocked shots, and turnovers. Smart had 12 rebounds for the Cougars. Galloway and Willis scored 15 and 13.
 #33630  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:17 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:14 pm
Hot start for Gurley so far, that's great to see
Yeppers and we take him out. Never understood taking a hot shooter out. You can bet he want be hot when he comes back in. I guess that’s why I’m not a coach. 😀