• Playoff Picture

#21182  by gman
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:45 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:05 pm
Elon came back and beat Towson 25-23 so Towson is 7-5. That helps us a little.

I think. We are IN so I am glad VMI beat UTC so we were clearly the # 2 team in Southern Conference.

I would not mind at all Wofford being seeded and us playing them in the second round. NO 2nd round game will be easy and that would prevent us from playing in frigid snowy weather in the second round. Granted they are a very formidable opponent but we can play better than we did last time. We would be a distinct underdog but that would be the case against any seeded team. Plus Wofford would be the closest to a “home” game. That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Happy with KS and Wofford. Hopefully we have matured on D against the run.
We have matured since the Wofford game?
gofurman liked this
 #21183  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:53 pm
Please give us Austin Peay. Citadel and esp Woff exposed a real weakness in D. How quickly we forget Spartanburg.

And to those that want to go back to Woff as seed do you really want to even risk losing to Woff TWICE in same year. AGAIN? I mean let’s call it straight - Woff is better right now. We are a good team. But Woff is better right now and just a bad matchup. They are playing a notch above us on DL and OL for sure. If we lost to Woff twice again ... good grief. Plus CH almost has a winning record against Every SoCon team. He has a winning record vs 6 of 8 teams. Nice. The Only two left are CH is. 1-2 vs Sam and 1-3 (playoff extra game in 2017) vs Woff . Play there again this year and Woff would be favored to push that to 1-4

Woff graduates a lot of guys this year. Let’s hit them next year. :D I agree at least I could attend the game and that’s cool but I’m sick of losing in Spartanburg.

Anyway. I just mean we are probably better off if we get paired vs a non-“ run it all the time “ team
 #21184  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:04 pm
Ok. So 1). w FINAL record - once finished - and 2)did they win or lose today. Help - what teams did I leave off?

Today’s Winners
SC State and NC A&T both won - both now 8-3. will one go to playoffs? I assume so?
Southeast Missouri State won today vs Murray State. Southeast Missouri is now 9-3. I assume they are in?
KSU beat Gardner Webb today. Finished 10-2 out of Big South. Interested to see if they get in
UND beat southern Utah today. North Dakota finished 7-4

Today’s Losers
Southern Illinois lost to NDSU today. Finished 7-5
UT Martin Lost to UK. now 7-5 from OVC. hopefully that ends theIr chances
Towson lost to Elon. Towson finishes 7-5 and 4-4 in CAA
Citadel might have had a shot if they won over Woff. Citadel Lost. They finished 6-6. Should be done
FAMU is also out w postseason ban. So NC AT goes to celebration bowl not playiff
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 13 times in total.
 #21186  by purplehorse
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:13 pm
#3 and # 5 and # 6 lost today
Montana
South Dakota State
Illinois State

If we had not lost to Wofford we would have easily been in the top 4.
It is what it is.
 #21187  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:20 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Montana
South Dakota State
Illinois State

It is what it is.
We weren’t ready to be on the same field as Wofford. Not on that given today w OL and DL we witnessed. Woff running for 7 yards a clip many plays- It’s a shame but we got what we earned and earned what we got ... movin on to playoffs let’s see what we can do
 #21189  by purplehorse
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:23 pm
GoFurman you are making Wofford sound like Goliath. Sure on a given day they beat our brains out. I would be happy to play them in the second round. Out passing game could not be any worse. We would be underdogs BUT suspect we would be underdogs to any seeded team. We just need DG to play like he did against GaS or Hamp Sisson to play like he did against UTC.
 #21190  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:29 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:23 pm
GoFurman you are making Wofford sound like Goliath. Sure on a given day they beat our brains out. I would be happy to play them in the second round. Out passing game could not be any worse. We would be underdogs BUT suspect we would be underdogs to any seeded team. We just need DG to play like he did against GaS or Hamp Sisson to play like he did against UTC.
Just saying that the possibility of losing TWICE .. AGAIN.. is not one I like. Rather go elsewhere. Here is what I am saying. - Beating Woff would trump beating most anyone else short of top three teams since Woff is SoCon rival. But losing to them TWICE yet again (2017) is not a fun way to end year. Rather drop out to A team I don’t hate like SDSU or someone. Losing to Woff would sting more. I am NOT saying we would lose to Woff. It’s the possibility of losing twice that stinks. Just a riskier proposition for me personally / Sports emotion. LOL.

Anyway. Help me update my playoff post Above if you don’t mind
 #21192  by fufanatic
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:39 pm
UT Martin is done. Towson should be done. Furman, SC State, Kennesaw, North Dakota all with wins. 7-5 Southern Illinois is still on bubble. SE Louisiana too. I think we will be in, but I’ll still be sweating until it’s announced.
gofurman, dornb liked this
 #21193  by Paul C
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:43 pm
gofurman wrote:
purplehorse wrote:
Montana
South Dakota State
Illinois State

It is what it is.
We weren’t ready to be on the same field as Wofford. Not on that given today w OL and DL we witnessed. Woff running for 7 yards a clip many plays- It’s a shame but we got what we earned and earned what we got ... movin on to playoffs let’s see what we can do
Enough already.
 #21194  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:48 pm
Paul C wrote:
gofurman wrote:
purplehorse wrote:
Montana
South Dakota State
Illinois State

It is what it is.
Enough already.
LOL. I only posted because prior poster was lamenting that we lost to Woff, I even said ‘enough’ by saying “moving on to playoffs” at end of my post

And most of us have sports emotion where losing to a given team hurts more than losing to another. Yankees v Red Sox. Whatever. That’s all I am saying. That’s it. Beating Woff would be awesome and better than beating a random opponent. Losing to them would stink more than losing to Austin Peay

Anyway. .Lets FOCUS. I am updating a post above on who has lost and won today - of playoff relevance. . Help me who has won or lost that I left off. Thanks !!!
 #21195  by fufanatic
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:54 pm
By my unofficial count there’s about 26 teams looking for 24 spots. I would have to think we are more of a lock than SE Louisiana, SC State and Kennesaw.
dornb liked this
 #21196  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:57 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:54 pm
By my unofficial count there’s about 26 teams looking for 24 spots. I would have to think we are more of a lock than SE Louisiana, SC State and Kennesaw.
Fufanatic. (Or anyone!)

Who did I leave off my post above so far? It’s above as post 21184
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #21197  by cavedweller2
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:58 pm
Playoff field:
NDSU
JMU
Montana St
Weber St
Sac St
Kennesaw St
Central Ark
Wofford
Montana
Albany
Villanova
South Dakota St
Ill ST
South Carolina St
Monmouth
Central Conn St
SEMO
APSU
Holy Cross
San Diego
N Iowa
NIchols St
SELA
Furman
 #21198  by Paul C
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:11 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:48 pm
Paul C wrote:
gofurman wrote:
purplehorse wrote:
Montana
South Dakota State
Illinois State

It is what it is.
Enough already.
LOL. I only posted because prior poster was lamenting that we lost to Woff, I even said ‘enough’ by saying “moving on to playoffs” at end of my post

And most of us have sports emotion where losing to a given team hurts more than losing to another. Yankees v Red Sox. Whatever. That’s all I am saying. That’s it. Beating Woff would be awesome and better than beating a random opponent. Losing to them would stink more than losing to Austin Peay

Anyway. .Lets FOCUS. I am updating a post above on who has lost and won today - of playoff relevance. . Help me who has won or lost that I left off. Thanks !!!
Enough. Stop. Stop.
 #21199  by gofurman
 Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:15 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:58 pm
Playoff field:
NDSU
JMU
Montana St
Weber St
Sac St
Kennesaw St
Central Ark
Wofford
Montana
Albany
Villanova
South Dakota St
Ill ST
South Carolina St
Monmouth
Central Conn St
SEMO
APSU
Holy Cross
San Diego
N Iowa
NIchols St
SELA
Furman
I SWEAR you had NC A&T on here. NC A&T who is going to Celebration Bowl since FAMU is ineligible. It showed up twice and then disappeared. Maybe I’m going crazy because it doesn’t say edit but I saw it. :D .

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.