#18447  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:56 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:30 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:14 pm
gofurman wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:36 pm

That said, I guess I was really hoping we could return 4 starting OL next year (all but Godwin)....Maybe we can keep one or two like Layton . People get excited about new OL recruits but I would far rather an all-conference R-Senior like Layton come back !!
WTF are you talking about?

Don't go jumping off the bridge because someone says "hey some RS Jr's might not come back" and you assume it's the whole starting OL

We have 11 RS Jr's. It's reasonable to assume some that are not starters won't return.
I have a feeling that the list of legit starters that chose not to come back for one more season after graduating is very small over the last 20 years. In fact, I can't name one off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's been a few.
It is at least TWO for-sure starters leaving early this year... that's a shame as that is high and both on same unit (and there may be more I may not know about). But I wish them well in their endeavors !
 #18448  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:58 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:53 pm
Here is a summary of our 9 (5 D, 4 O) commits to date with other offers listed....

3 DB's
2 LB's
2 OL's
1 WR
1 RB

Caden Richards DB (6-1, 180) Gaffney SC (Mercer, Richmond)
Ty Youngblood LB (6-0, 210) Greeneville, TN (Army, Navy, AFA, ETSU, Richmond)
Evan DiMaggio LB/TE (6-3, 225) Buford, GA (Colo St, Liberty, Central Fl, Akron, Coastal Car, UNCC, AFA, Cincy)
Jack Rhodes DB/OLB (6-1, 188) Alpharetta, GA (Jax St, Ivies, Coastal Car, EKU)
Micah Robinson CB (5-11, 160) Westlake, GA (Jax St, Wofford, So Ill, Tenn Tech, Tenn St, So Ill, APSU)
Kendall Thomas RB (5-8, 175) Round Rock, TX (AFA, Dartmouth, Princeton)
Ambe Caldwell WR (6-1, 182) Atlanta, GA (So Ill, AFA, Columbia, Yale, Fordham)
EJ Wilson OL (6-4, 290) Xenia, OH (Colo St, Akron, YSU, EKU, Ivies, AFA, Navy, Colgate)
Dylan Davis OL (6-3, 260) Bradenton, FL (Illinois, Iowa St, Army, Cornell)

Seth Johnson, 6-2 265 DL, from The Baylor School in Chattanooga.
THANK YOU PAUL. That is what I was looking for. I added the DL Seth Johnson to update the list - glad to see DL and safeties !!!
 #18454  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:17 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:48 pm
I'm not going to do your work for ya… GoFu - go back in this thread it will answer your questions.
----
Astro, some of us are happy to help others. - Golden Rule, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" - it's a kinder person that just gives the answer instead of sending the seeker elsewhere. PROOF:

Look how MNORM and I BOTH answered a question that Dungeonrealm I am sure is smart enough to figure out.. but in the spirit of kindness BOTH MNORM and myself went and got the answer for him.. HMMM

----------------------------------------------
" Re: Furman moving into the Top 10
#18451 by MNORM
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:12 pm

DungeonRealm wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:01 pm
Does anyone know the last time we were ranked in the Top 10?

Almost 100% certain it was the first week of the playoffs in 2006. We were ranked #7 and went to Bozeman to play #18 Montana State. We lost and fell to #12 in the final poll.
MNORM

#18452 by gofurman

2006 -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NCAA ... l_rankings

EDIT - i see MNORM beat me to it. I included the link where you can see we were top 10 all yr 2006 "
 #18461  by youwouldno
 Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:22 am
gofurman wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
I'm not going to do your work for ya… GoFu - go back in this thread it will answer your questions.
----
Astro, some of us are happy to help others. - Golden Rule, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" - it's a kinder person that just gives the answer instead of sending the seeker elsewhere. PROOF:

Dude, you yourself commented on other commits earlier in this exact thread. Take a little less time typing and a little more reading, and you'll already know the answers (including from your own posts :roll: )
gofurman, din23, AstroDin and 2 others liked this
 #18467  by MNORM
 Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:53 am
gofurman wrote:
AstroDin wrote:
----

Look how MNORM and I BOTH answered a question that Dungeonrealm I am sure is smart enough to figure out.. but in the spirit of kindness BOTH MNORM and myself went and got the answer for him.. HMMM

----------------------------------------------
" Re: Furman moving into the Top 10
#18451 by MNORM

Almost 100% certain it was the first week of the playoffs in 2006. We were ranked #7 and went to Bozeman to play #18 Montana State. We lost and fell to #12 in the final poll.
MNORM

#18452 by gofurman

2006 -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NCAA ... l_rankings

EDIT - i see MNORM beat me to it. I included the link where you can see we were top 10 all yr 2006 "
Sadly...I didn't have to look it up. That whole 2006 debacle is difficult to forget.
 #18514  by AstroDin
 Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:53 am
A few things about OL commit EJ Wilson of Xenia, Ohio.

Xenia is undefeated, appears based on what I've read to be a great rushing team.
EJ is listed by 247 as a hard commit for Furman. Wilson is listed by 247 will 17 official offers.
Furman, Air Force, Akron, Brown, Colgate, Colorado State, Dartmouth, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Fordham, Grand Valley State, Harvard, Lehigh, Navy, Robert Morris, Yale, Youngstown State

^ that's an impressive list of schools.
MNORM, FUKA61, gofurman and 1 others liked this
 #18515  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:28 am
I don't get in the minds of kids committing to play college programs, but if I was considering a school like Furman, it'd be hard not to be attracted to the style of football we are playing.
Flagman, DeepPurple, dornb and 4 others liked this
 #18570  by Paul C
 Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Kendall Thomas with another monster week

Prior to this game he had 100 touches 1,292 Yards 13 Tds on the season.

AstroDin liked this
 #18679  by The Jackal
 Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:18 am
It just sort of dawned on me that Furman is building a Death Star in the offensive backfield.

The Paladins should return everyone next year - every QB, RB, TB.

This current Furman team trails only the 2000 team in terms of rushing output. When you put that into historic context of the Furman program, that's impressive.
FUKA61 liked this
 #19197  by gofurman
 Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:23 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:18 am
It just sort of dawned on me that Furman is building a Death Star in the offensive backfield.

The Paladins should return everyone next year - every QB, RB, TB.

This current Furman team trails only the 2000 team in terms of rushing output. When you put that into historic context of the Furman program, that's impressive.
Right on! The question will be do we lose 2 or 3 starting OL? I really hope we keep 8 of the current 10 on two deep. Godwin is good but obviously graduates. Another one or two have mentioned moving on. Hope maybe one stays.

It all starts in TRENCHES
 #19203  by AstroDin
 Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:07 pm
^^ well since this is a thread on 2020 commits — let's remember Furman has commits from two highly recruited linemen, currently ranked 2 and 3 on the Hero Sports SoCon list.
gofurman, FUKA61 liked this
 #19204  by gofurman
 Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:38 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:07 pm
^^ well since this is a thread on 2020 commits — let's remember Furman has commits from two highly recruited linemen, currently ranked 2 and 3 on the Hero Sports SoCon list.
Astro, Good point. I agree. Clearly there is a correlation in commitments and who is graduating/leaving early. I hope we keep 7 of the ten current OL on two deep at a minimum. Of course last year's OL class was great so a lot of those guys who you know better than me - Johanning, Toomey, Jumper (obvious), Wyatt Hughes, Dodd, Soapes

Honestly we have a LOT more young OL than DL. Look at those FR above - tons of great OL ! SIX. I only know of one DL last year - Trey Rogers. There was the Hanna kid but he left unfortunately.. so that is six OL to one DL last year. This year I think we have one DL so far. I hope we will be getting some more DL soon! Right now we seem to have 2 OL to 1 DL committed. So combining this year and last that equals = 8 OL commits and just 2 DL to date need some more DL commits soon. sure the coaches are working on it

As Jackal has often noted, you can't have classes w total whiffs on OL or DL at this level or it will bite you. Looks like we have Super OL already

( This year Tibbs graduates on DL. Next year we lose 3 more DL in Seabrook, Stokes and Lawrence )

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.