• The sky is not falling

#9989  by Jasper
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:43 pm
Contrary to some reports, as of this morning, Coach Williams is still very much at Furman and is busy coaching the defense. I am also told that CCH is getting a ton of calls from coaches interested in the vacancy created by Coach Staggs' departure. Furman football is stable and IMO in very good hands.
apaladin, DeepPurple, FUKA61 and 4 others liked this
 #9990  by DeepPurple
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:21 pm
Non successful football programs don't get many calls wanting to hire their coaches.
Congratulations to any coach that feels they are bettering their situation with a move.
The Furman Paladins will be fine.
The Dins signed a great class.
QCGlue liked this
 #9991  by fufanatic
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:44 pm
I'm sure this happens all the time in the football office with rumors on the UFFP, but I bet Coach Williams was surprised to learn that he had left the program for another job. Probably had a good laugh with a lot of his Furman peers.
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #9993  by paladinduece
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:59 pm
You are very correct when your coaches are valued by other programs you are doing things right. I am glad to hear coach Williams is there and coaching. I still find it odd though his twitter as of late last night has no activity since 1-28 especially with the second signing day. I hope he stays past Spring ball
 #9994  by paladinduece
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:04 pm
paladinduece wrote:
You are very correct when your coaches are valued by other programs you are doing things right. I am glad to hear coach Williams is there and coaching. I still find it odd though his twitter as of late last night has no activity since 1-28 especially with the second signing day. I hope he stays past Spring ball
That being said I just looked back at his twitter during the first signing period and he did not post then either about the signees so nothing out of the ordinary.
 #9996  by FUBeAR
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:16 pm
paladinduece wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:04 pm
paladinduece wrote:
That being said I just looked back at his twitter during the first signing period and he did not post then either about the signees so nothing out of the ordinary.
So...sounds like Coach Williams needs to be immediately terminated for dereliction of duties...OR...awarded a medal for maintaining some degree of Common Sense in this social media-crazed era of college football recruiting.

FUBeAR votes for the latter!

Oh...and please tell me we didn’t allow any Recruit’s parent(s) to dress up in full FU Football gear to pose for a picture with ‘their baby’ while on their visit. That was a social media craze for a while this Recruiting season, but I think, thankfully, it died out quickly. I clearly see the point of getting the Recruits to don the Purple & the <F>, but unless Mom can run a 4.3 and has eligibility remaining, it’s just silly.

[and...Get off FUBeAR’s lawn!]
 #9998  by Davemeister
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:03 pm
Good to hear that: a) The sky is not falling
b) Coach Williams has not departed for the SEC.

Still, if we are going to lose a coach, I would rather lose him to an SEC school than CCU.
Jasper, fufanatic liked this
 #10000  by furman88
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:47 pm
Seemed like my mom could run a 4.3 when she was running me down. Could'nt shake her on any route. Rest assured if I was selected to play for the Big F she would been in purple from head to toe.

Since Furman missed their opportunity with me I was going to play for Greenville Tech but had a bad ankle the day of tryouts. :D
MNORM liked this
 #10001  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:32 pm
So do y'all mean we can't believe EVERYTHING posted here?? Very disappointing!! :shock:
 #10046  by fupaladin01
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:50 pm
I believe Coach WIlliams will not be staying at Furman. Despite the lack of concrete proof available online, I believe a decision has been made to leave for a bigger program.
Paladin91 liked this
 #10053  by paladinduece
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:44 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
I believe Coach WIlliams will not be staying at Furman. Despite the lack of concrete proof available online, I believe a decision has been made to leave for a bigger program.
Just heard it is true and it is an SEC west school not public yet but several in the program are already talking about it
 #10054  by bj93
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:03 pm
Reporting on Football Scoop now....
Auburn: Per source, Furman (FCS – SC) corners coach Addison Williams has accepted a position on the Auburn staff.
 #10057  by fufanatic
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:18 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
I'll be the first to apologize. Nice work getting the scoop before anyone else, although I hate that it's true.
 #10073  by gofurman
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:19 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:44 pm
I'm sure this happens all the time in the football office with rumors on the UFFP, but I bet Coach Williams was surprised to learn that he had left the program for another job. Probably had a good laugh with a lot of his Furman peers.
I doubt it was laughable since it was true - and I doubt he was surprised to hear he was leaving. Good Internet boards like the UFFP do have truth on them

This thread was pretty funny to Read

2 points - one. It IS good when your coaches are valued. I still wish we could keep Them though. But such is the money gap. Good for him

two - don’t assume rumors are true but don’t dismiss them either. The UFFP has been a better board than most over the years. When people here say something may happen it’s worth considering
Paladin91 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.