• Football Trivia

#8538  by stonemd
 Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:44 pm
Saw trivia on basketball and i like trivia so I thought I'd add this:

I know little Furman football history as I only began following when my daughter started at school there in 2011. I also follow Army football (son went there). I went to Toledo, Northwestern and Florida but don't follow those now.

Anyway, I found out about this when I was visiting a small town museum- What Furman football player was known as "the World's Strongest Man"?

see a video of him:
https://tinyurl.com/ydba8t3n

I'm sure you either know or don't the answer, but I wondered if any knew much more about his story or his brief Furman football time.
 #8539  by tim
 Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:49 pm
Paul Anderson had a book out. He was a wonderful Christian guy who spoke at numerous churches. His book told of his discovery of weight lifting on the old Furman campus and lifting in one of the buildings there. He only played football at Furman for a year, I believe.
 #8542  by stonemd
 Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:07 pm
So I found out about this at a small
Museum in Toccoa GA his home town. Surprised I have never seen it in any FU materials.
 #8569  by Rokawaylifer
 Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:09 pm
The guy was a beast. And left to it all to minister. Impressive. We all don’t know what we dont know. The Russians couldn’t believe what he could do. Look at the photos of him in a pit or hole in the ground with two huge wagon wheels on the bar. He was a roommate of the father of one of my dearest friends and roommates at fu. I hoped to get a chance but time ran out to ask Dr. m , who played football for the paladins, more about mr. anderson. I will have Dr m. In my heart and mind when we travel to ut in 2020. We’re gonna give them a serious tangle if we keep things going like they are.
 #8571  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:51 pm
I did not know this or if I did I had forgot it.

Recent Topics

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:59 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.