• Clemson Men's Basketball Schedule 2022

#62957  by Affirm
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:26 pm
We may want Clemson to have a good season this year, unless and until they and Furman meet in the NCAA Tournament.
We want them to have a good season because (1) they are a local team and (2) we don't them to fire Brownell and steal our truly fine coach.
Also, it seems perhaps reasonable that they wanted to avoid scheduling a game with us this season since, until no longer than a month ago, there were expectations that we were going to be excellent.
Having said all that, I am also saying that it is nevertheless annoying that Clemson is going to Richmond this weekend to play the Spiders. CORRECTION: THE GAME IS IN GREENVILLE SC. It will be Clemson's first game since losing to Loyola Chicago by 18. It would not have been impossible for Clemson to schedule Furman for a November or December game this year. Why Richmond? I am not aware that Clemson's roster includes any player from anywhere near Richmond.
Just annoyed.
Last edited by Affirm on Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #62958  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:30 pm
Yes Clemson is afraid to play Furman in Basketball

Clemson is not playing Richmond in VA, they will play them at Bon Secours Wellness arena immediately following the Furman vs. SF Austin game
 #62959  by Affirm
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:33 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:30 pm
Yes Clemson is afraid to play Furman in Basketball

Clemson is not playing Richmond in VA, they will play them at Bon Secours Wellness arena immediately following the Furman vs. SF Austin game
Yes, I was just reminded of that fact about 60 seconds ago. Too late now to delete my post.
 #62962  by Roundball
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:55 pm
The guys on The Roar were talking today about the chances of Clemson making the tournament this year as very low. They already have too many loses to Quad 3 and 4 teams. They have no high quality wins and the ACC is way down, with several teams in Quad 4. Clemson has less than a 25% chance of getting to the NCAA tournament.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.