• predict the elon score

#60807  by The Jackal
 Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:16 pm
Haven't even watched any of their games yet.

I will note they beat Gardner Webb by 6 and Wofford by 26 (before Wofford got better). GWU of course, was hammered by Mercer in Boiling Springs.

They finished with some weak teams and a bye week, so it'll be a big ramp up for them.
 #60831  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:31 pm
Do we really need this? Just gives Elon and their fans bulletin board material. Just sayin’ 👍
 #60833  by furmandad
 Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:37 pm
Elon played 5 teams this season that earned FCS Playoff spots. Beat 4 of them, including #5 seed William & Mary.
 #60845  by Louis Tully
 Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:02 pm
Furman on a roll. The felons were idle last week and will be rusty and slow to get started. That will cost them. Furman 42 Elon 17
 #60847  by Affirm
 Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
Do we really need this? Just gives Elon and their fans bulletin board material. Just sayin’ 👍
I can do my part to take care of that concern.
I will not do that at present.
But I will say that I am impressed with the results Elon has achieved this season, in terms of W-L record and scores.
To beat them will not be an easy task.
I still remember going up to Elon about 4 years ago in our 2nd season under Coach Hendrix.
We lost that game badly, after
Last edited by Affirm on Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #60850  by gman84
 Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:17 pm
affirm wrote:
apaladin wrote:
But I will say that I am impressed with the results Elon has achieved this season, in terms of W-L record and scores.
I still remember going up to Elon about 5 years ago and seeing them beat Furman. We had a very good turnout of Furman fans at that game.
Huh? We lost to them at home in the regular season. Beat them there in the playoffs. :D
 #60851  by Affirm
 Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:41 pm
gman84 wrote:
affirm wrote:
apaladin wrote:
I still remember going up to Elon about 5 years ago and seeing them beat Furman. We had a very good turnout of Furman fans at that game.
Huh? We lost to them at home in the regular season. Beat them there in the playoffs. :D
Yes, I made a mistake. Looked it up, even before reading YOUR correction. I believe it was the next season when we lost to them so badly at Elon (45-7) with a great contingent of Furman fans in attendance. I hope you will correct me if I am wrong.
 #60863  by The Jackal
 Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:57 pm
affirm wrote:
gman84 wrote:
affirm wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Yes, I made a mistake. Looked it up, even before reading YOUR correction. I believe it was the next season when we lost to them so badly at Elon (45-7) with a great contingent of Furman fans in attendance. I hope you will correct me if I am wrong.

We got blown out 2nd game of the 2018 season.

You may remember Harris Roberts was injured to start that season. We ran Darren Grainger out there as a freshman to start against Elon. . . and he was not good.

Roberts returned a few weeks later and we won 6 of our final 7.

I think the odds would have been we would have given Elon a better game with a redshirt senior starting QB instead of a true freshman in his first career start.
dornb, gman84 liked this
 #60890  by Affirm
 Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:20 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:57 pm
affirm wrote:
gman84 wrote:
affirm wrote:
apaladin wrote:

We got blown out 2nd game of the 2018 season.

You may remember Harris Roberts was injured to start that season. We ran Darren Grainger out there as a freshman to start against Elon. . . and he was not good.

Roberts returned a few weeks later and we won 6 of our final 7.

I think the odds would have been we would have given Elon a better game with a redshirt senior starting QB instead of a true freshman in his first career start.
Yes.
That 45-7 loss 2nd game of 2018 season, after we drove up there 4 hours, after losing 48-7 to Clemson the previous week, still leaves me with BAD memories of Elon.
And the next week, Colgate cancelled on us.
Beat Elon.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.