• Andrew Brown injury

#3041  by CharlieFU
 Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:10 pm
Andrew broke his foot on Friday, surgery today. That's the extent of my knowledge.

I feel terrible for this young man and all he has been through.

Hoping for full and complete recovery!
 #3043  by fufanatic
 Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:24 pm
Ugh that's awful. What a rough few months for him. I wonder if he's interested in redshirting? I can't imagine he would make it back anytime soon from surgery on a broken foot. Feel like that usually keeps people out months. Although maybe start of the new year is possible? That's a little over 4 months.
 #3048  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:19 pm
Hate it for AB. The FU basketball curse is alive and well.
 #3064  by tya1
 Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:36 pm
A majority of "broken foot" injuries heal in 4 to 6 weeks, but some can take several months. Just hope this is one of the first types.
 #3065  by gman
 Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:56 am
tya1 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:36 pm
A majority of "broken foot" injuries heal in 4 to 6 weeks, but some can take several months. Just hope this is one of the first types.
It’s a Jones fracture.
 #4080  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:14 pm
Anyone heard how AB is doing and when is he expected to return? With the loss of Andrew Taylor AB's shooting becomes even more important.
 #4091  by Paul C
 Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:29 pm
once again Scott Keeler comes through...pasted the info on Andrew Brown but there is more info in the link.....

http://www.furmansportsreport.com/

Brown recovering from foot injury
It's been a tumultuous offseason for senior guard Andrew Brown. The Travelers Rest native spent over two weeks in the hospital just after the regular season following a life-threatening complication from a simple hernia surgery.

Brown had completed a full recovery from that ordeal and back in basketball shape by mid-June. Then he found himself back in the hospital in late August. This time it was to repair a broken foot he suffered. Thankfully, this "routine procedure" went much better than the previous one. He's expected to return in October and be ready for the season.

"He had about six weeks of summer activity under his belt before this happened," Richey said. "As he's proven before, he will be ready to go (for the season)."

With season practice beginning Sept. 25, Richey says Brown's absence will actually allow for more reps for less experienced players.

"September's a grueling period of the preseason for these guys," Richey said. "There's one guy that we knew we didn't need to beat up this September and it was (Brown)."
fufanatic, FU69 liked this