• Napier

#47012  by Affirm
 Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:56 pm
mathprofhiker wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:51 pm
Preliminary report is that Napier to Florida is a done deal:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... and-names/

Hope he does well there, but not too well: I am a Georgia Bulldog alum. ;)
Congratulations to Billy Napier, and congratulations to "Furman's football legacy"!
And I do hope he does very well at Florida, and does well enough to have more wins over Georgia than losses to Georgia. I too am a UGA alum, and I generally dislike the Florida Gators. However, in this case the Billy Napier Furman connection trumps my affinity with the Georgia Bulldogs and trumps my general dislike of the Florida Gators. Go Furman football! Go Billy Napier! Go Florida Gators!
And by the way, I realize that numerous successful big school head football (and head basketball) coaches have graduated from schools smaller than Furman. But a Furman alum achieving a position at the level of Florida Head Football Coach is a point of pride for Furman Football and Furman University. May Furman alumnus Billy Napier have tremendous success!
FU69, Chuckles, din23 and 3 others liked this
 #47013  by Paul C
 Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:53 pm
If I was Billy Napier and needed a top flight OL coach I know where I’d look….
 #47015  by tim
 Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:14 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:53 pm
If I was Billy Napier and needed a top flight OL coach I know where I’d look….
I hope you are thinking Clemson.
 #47016  by purplehorse
 Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:17 pm
I remember Napier for being our QB at Wofford in the mud bowl. Also was at Ga Southern when we beat them in the playoffs in 2001. And of course the Miracle on the Mountain in 2002 where I still wish he had pushed the guy out of bounds around the 50 yard line.

A great player at FURMAN. Hope his team beats App State this coming Saturday.
AstroDin, din23, QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #47026  by AstroDin
 Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:51 am
Having family living in Florida… when looking at college's I did a Florida tour; UF, Rollins, USF, and Ringling. I almost became a Gator. Napier going to Florida is going to be fun to follow. I will be adding Florida to my very small favorite school list on my sports apps.

On a serious note; I will be curious to follow BN building his staff and if he reaches into the upstate. Based on his Lousiana staff makeup. I think Napier will look at some coaches that have Florida connections - UF has to start recruiting Florida better.
 #47028  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:45 am
AstroDin wrote:
Having family living in Florida… when looking at college's I did a Florida tour; UF, Rollins, USF, and Ringling. I almost became a Gator. Napier going to Florida is going to be fun to follow. I will be adding Florida to my very small favorite school list on my sports apps.

On a serious note; I will be curious to follow BN building his staff and if he reaches into the upstate. Based on his Lousiana staff makeup. I think Napier will look at some coaches that have Florida connections - UF has to start recruiting Florida better.
My recollection is that when Napier went to UL, he hired mostly Louisiana guys as assistant coaches. He may do a similar thing at Florida. Hire the local talent.
AstroDin liked this
 #47030  by Davemeister
 Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:36 am
The Jackal wrote:
My recollection is that when Napier went to UL, he hired mostly Louisiana guys as assistant coaches. He may do a similar thing at Florida. Hire the local talent.

Right. Local talent with local recruiting connections.
gman84 liked this
 #47034  by Affirm
 Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:23 am
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:36 am
The Jackal wrote:

Right. Local talent with local recruiting connections.
Hire the talent that is considered to the smartest available and also considered to be the best fit for Napier and for UF.
 #47035  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 am
I imagine he will take a lot of his staff with him.
 #47043  by FUBeAR
 Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:23 pm
How much will having an SEC Head Football Coach’s annual comp (Mullen was making $7.6M) added into avg. salary data raise FU’s ranking in the USN&WR rankings?

Can we include the $15M ($3M in LA + $12M for Mullen) UF paid to be able to hire him in that 1st year number?
The Jackal liked this
 #47051  by FurmAlum
 Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:46 pm
The Jackal wrote:
AstroDin wrote:

Didn't Art Baker hire a bunch of top flight S.C. high school coaches to be on his staff when he came to Furman? I think Sheridan and Satterfield might have been a couple of them?
FUBeAR, tim liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.