• New Impact Player Nominee

#31837  by Sad Din
 Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:30 pm
Cant wait to see Marcus Foster in action. Has my vote for next impact player on the team
 #31841  by AstroDin
 Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:41 am
great question…

I usually look at newcomers in two ways whether football or basketball.
Where does a player need to step in for depth reasons?
What player has the talent to step in and contribute?

CBR is building something special my only concern is who will run the offense next year? With Hunter being a senior who is going to step up to be ready to take the reins in 21-22. Because of this, I think we could see Joe Anderson get his shot at PT. On the other hand, he could get a redshirt.

I'm intrigued by Marcus Foster - he could be a versatile piece this season that has some explosive moments. I'm going to go with Jonny Lawrence. With Mounce being a senior and Gurley and Slawson juniors we need Lawrence to contribute.
Last edited by AstroDin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #31845  by Monday
 Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:30 pm
Is the question which underclassman will be our next star? Or, which player will show the most improvement this year?

Joe Anderson for underclassman. Should have the PG job next year unless Kenney or Pugh make a leap. He and Pegues will make a nice backcourt in a couple years. CBR should book a game in Knoxville for 2023-24.

Jalen Slawson for most improved. He’s already a starter but has gobs of untapped potential. I expect him to nearly double his 6 ppg and flirt with .600 fg%. Projects as a first team All-SoCon in his Sr year, maybe sooner.

And there’s no ‘h’ in Jonny.
 #31848  by Sad Din
 Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:44 pm
Slawson is close to becoming another Kris Acox. Dependable, tough rebounder. That would be great

Jonny would be good to releive Gurly and help when he gets in foul trouble

Foster, Anderson and others could help speed up the pace. Little let down when 2nd team kicks in

Also, for obviuos reasons, depth is important this year

Recent Topics

User avatar What just happened?

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:45 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:36 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.