• Feinstein's new opus

#31811  by ccoates
 Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:43 am
John Feinstein, whose work is undoubtedly well-known to readers of this blog, has just released his latest, "Back Roads to March."

I have only begun to get into it, but its focus is mainly on the mid-major programs and their struggles against the Power 5 and their ilk for a more representative share of the March Madness pie. Among other things.

So far it's been a good read, but there are some surprising factual lapse, and I've only gotten part way thru Chapter one. The most glaring of which concerns the expansion of conference tournaments after the early 80s. According to Feinstein, prior to that, the only postseason tourney was in the ACC. Not only is that Wrong, it is UNFORGIVABLY wrong especially for someone with the reputation of John Feinstein. Almost everyone, with the sole exception of Feinstein, knows that the post season tourney was created by the Southern Conference and its children, the ACC and the SEC adopted the concept afyrt splitting with the Southern..

That is really a somewhat petty and minor quibble.In its best sense, to me at least, the book champions the mid major programs and I would recommend y'all trek down to Barnes and Noble and get a copy

Recent Topics

User avatar TV

by MNORM

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:29 pm

Default Avatar WCU at Montana

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:29 pm

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:28 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by rangab

Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:19 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.