• Memorable games

#27036  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:40 am
Might as well put this one here too, keep them all under the same thread, looking forward to more of these coming out in the weeks to come

Roundball liked this
 #27039  by soconjohn
 Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:26 pm
Nice Roundball! What was awesome about that night is Furman football beat Mercer to claim a share of the SoCon football title and then the players after the football game quickly
Scrambled to watch the end of the Furman vs ‘Nova game.
Roundball, QCGlue liked this
 #27056  by CharlieFU
 Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:36 am
Lyons hit some big 3's in that Loyola game. And what a passer Rafferty was. Wow.
QCGlue liked this
 #27116  by soconjohn
 Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:41 pm
I think a lot of people forget Furman's win at UAB and how significant that was for the program...UAB was among the favorites to win its conference in 2016-17, and had a 26-game winning streak at Bartow Arena...To me that game stands out, as does the 2015 tournament semifinal win over Mercer...Those two games are kind of signs of how the program was growing...The Mercer game was a game that was significant because it showed a program starting to believe and players starting to get it...The UAB win showed Furman was a program that had to be reckoned with in the mid-major ranks...The nation started to realize that two years later with the wins at Loyola and 'Nova, but it really started with those two significant "marker games" for me. ..Also, the 70-55 win over Chattanooga in early Jan of 2016 was another huge program-defining win.
furpop16 liked this
 #27590  by paladinfan12
 Fri May 01, 2020 11:59 pm
When I was in school (Around 2010) neither the men's or women's team was very good, but there were two wins great wins we got while I was there.

Women crushed Clemson at home by like 20 points
Men put the hurt on SC Men's team. It was awesome.
 #27699  by Furmanoid
 Sat May 09, 2020 10:53 am
I watched the 1974 tournament win over USC on TV. I had 2 brothers at FU, and I was the only FU fan at Camden Middle which was 99% abusive gamecock fans. The Cocks were pretty loaded with future All Stars English and Winters. Dunleavy wasn’t an All star but hung around for about 10 NBA seasons. However, Clyde, Fessor and Bruce came through for me that night and really dominated. My friends said it was luck and cheating refs.
 #27707  by FurmAlum
 Sat May 09, 2020 8:44 pm
Also watched the '74 game against USC in a dorm room full of fraternity brothers on Manly Hall. Would there be any way to get a replay posted on here?
 #27718  by apaladin
 Sun May 10, 2020 10:51 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:44 pm
Also watched the '74 game against USC in a dorm room full of fraternity brothers on Manly Hall. Would there be any way to get a replay posted on here?
March 9, 1974- I went to see Elvis in Charlotte in the afternoon and got home in time to watch this game. That was a great day. The other 2 games that are most memorable to me was the North-South doubleheader sweep over UNC and NC State. I was there for those 2.
 #27735  by Davemeister
 Mon May 11, 2020 3:02 pm
During the UNC game, I was screaming so loud the neighbors called twice to make sure everything was OK.

Recent Topics

User avatar What just happened?

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:45 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:36 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.