• "spring" practice

#24565  by Jasper
 Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:53 pm
I understand that the start of the spring football practice session is being delayed for another week. Perhaps that is to give CCH some time to replace departing assistants. Anyone hear anything about this?
 #24572  by The Jackal
 Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:56 am
A few roster updates (though I may overlook a few):

- Jonah Griffin from S to CB
- Noah Henderson #10
- Andrew Washington CB to S
- Luke Shiflett from QB to WR
- Jack Rhodes and Caden Richards enrolled
- Elijah McKoy from ILB to BAN
- Jack Owen from ILB to Spur
- Josh Agbenou from BAN to ILB (though some rumor he'd be at DE)
- Jalen Miller from Spur to ILB
- Patrick Wells from S to Spur
- Landon Moody no longer on roster
- Anderson Tomlin OG to OT
- Jackson Soapes no longer on roster
- Jordan Harris OG to OT

None of this is earth shattering as it appears largely to be some shifting around for depth purposes with the incoming class. Interesting that Harris looks like he's moving to OT and Shiflett back out to WR.
Paladin82 liked this
 #24573  by AstroDin
 Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:35 am
^^^^
Linebacker
Gilby 6-2 233 RSSO
Miller 5-11 205 SO
Agbenou 6-2 227 RSFR
McCormick 6-2 224 RSFR
Kuzemka 6-0 205 RSFR
Schroeder 6-0 228 RSFR
incoming
DiMaggio 6-3 225
Youngblood 6-0 215

This is a young but talented group with size. These guys are all linebackers other than Miller I believe all played linebacker in HS. Miller’s move makes sense he brings good size and sideline to sideline speed.

Bandit
Hope 6-1 218 RSJR
McKoy 6-2 225 RSSR
Vann 6-3 234 RSSR
incoming
Guessing here that we could see Luke Carter 6-3 230

With Vann coming back from injury McKoy IMO was an essential move.
 #24582  by fufanatic
 Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:27 pm
I'm still so intrigued with the Shiflett situation. He went to the FBS level to play QB, got moved to WR for a year and then decided to transfer to Furman, which I thought was so he could have a legit shot at playing QB. At Furman, he got a tiny look at QB before settling in at WR. Now it appears before he has any further opportunity to try to win the QB spot, he's officially a WR. I can only assume that he's OK with this move and just wants to get on the field. And I'm personally happy with our two QBs assuming they both take big leaps from FR to SO year. I guess it doesn't really matter the rationale at the end of the day, but it is nice to have a bit more clarity at the QB position and to also have another weapon at WR, which we desperately need.
Last edited by fufanatic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #24584  by Davemeister
 Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:43 pm
It could be an indication that another QB candidate is on the way.
 #24617  by fufanatic
 Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:31 pm
Message removed.
Last edited by fufanatic on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #24624  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:30 am
Speaking of “spring” practice, it appears we are not going to have any winter in this area this year. This will be good for the team as I remember last year it seemed like every 6am practice was in the 20’s. Looks like they will dodge that this year unless the weather takes a dramatic late turn.
 #25427  by THPaladin
 Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:20 pm
There was a fairly detailed report concerning sunday’s practice on the forum yesterday that was taken down after a few hours. Top Secret Paladins....

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.