• Mercer

#21418  by DeepPurple
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:34 pm
I wish CBL the best in whatever direction he goes. I just read where he will not be back at Mercer.
 #21427  by Jasper
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:20 pm
DeepPurple wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:34 pm
I wish CBL the best in whatever direction he goes. I just read where he will not be back at Mercer.
That handwriting was certainly on the wall. I did not know the man well but he was a great Furman player and a good coach who should be remembered for many years of dedication to the Furman football program and an important part of that successful legacy. His teams at Mercer have always been competitive with the exception of this year. I have no idea what happened to them this season- although I am aware of some injuries. Seems like it was more than that though. I wish him well in his next endeavor.
76MrMoto liked this
 #21428  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:26 pm
Same here. A good guy for sure. Wish him well.
76MrMoto liked this
 #21438  by fufanatic
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:50 pm
He was always so great to me when I was a student journalist at Furman. I would often walk into his office without an appointment and he would chat for several minutes with me. I too wish him all the best. Hope he gets another gig (if he wants it) ... that’s outside the SoCon. I didn’t like having to pull against his squads.
dornb liked this
 #21442  by purplehorse
 Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:02 am
Not surprised at all as I believe this was the last year of his contract. Hopefully he will find something somewhere else. I will pull for him unless his team plays Furman.
dornb liked this
 #21446  by Mr. Taggart
 Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:51 am
Coach Lamb will always be a Paladin. He was always kind to me, because that is who he is. I rooted for Mercer every week but one, just because of him. I hope Furman reaches out to rebuild the relationship, regardless of where he goes. He will always be part of the Furman family.
AstroDin, FUBeAR, FUKA61 and 6 others liked this
 #21447  by Affirm
 Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:13 am
Is Coach Lamb about 54 years old? I’m guessing he’s that age, and I’m surmising that he’s about 15 years or so away from wanting to be retired. We should all hope for this great Furman Paladin to find success in his next endeavor.
dornb, gofurman liked this
 #21456  by Paul C
 Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:35 am
Feel badly for Bobby and his family. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere soon.

This is me purely speculating but Drew Cronic would be a leading candidate for that job if I was the Mercer AD....they went 12-2 last year and undefeated this year heading into round 2 of D2 playoffs...
 #21569  by gofurman
 Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 am
Paul C wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:35 am
Feel badly for Bobby and his family. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere soon.

This is me purely speculating but Drew Cronic would be a leading candidate for that job if I was the Mercer AD....they went 12-2 last year and undefeated this year heading into round 2 of D2 playoffs...
I don't want to face Cronic. I can pull for BL every week but one but have no love for Mercer :D
FUKA61 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.