• FBS vs. FCS football is rigged

#16853  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:59 pm
I will never watch one of these rigged ref trash shows again, Great game Furman, refs and review BS take all the joy out of sports these days :oops:
 #16860  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:03 pm
As last week and this week prove it is almost impossible to win one of these games, even when you have the better team the refs will screw you over big time, what a joke
 #16911  by furpep
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:27 pm
I did not watch the game but the replay was clear that there was contact within the 10-yard area. Now I am not an expert on these sorts of rules and the use of video replay, but is it truly permissible to flag a player for a penalty when the review is not about the penalty? Once you let video replay replace the eyes on the ground you have a real mess. It appears this happens in all sports.
By the way, if you really don’t want to watch FBS or other sports, just cut the cord! I have not watched a game in 4 years other than the MLB Baseball package I purchase. Why get upset watching!
 #16915  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:27 pm
FBS teams get overturned calls against us EVERY single time we play them

I do not recall Furman ever getting 1 single overturned call against an FBS team EVER, can anyone think of one?
 #16933  by Paladin91
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Unfortunately, the call made was the right one if one reads the rule book on kickoffs.

No Team A player may block an opponent until Team A is eligible to touch a free-kicked ball.

In our case, the block was initiated about when the ball hit the 9-yard mark. It needs to travel 10 yards before engagement can be made with Team B.
 #16934  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:03 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:57 pm
Unfortunately, the call made was the right one if one reads the rule book on kickoffs.

No Team A player may block an opponent until Team A is eligible to touch a free-kicked ball.

In our case, the block was initiated about when the ball hit the 9-yard mark. It needs to travel 10 yards before engagement can be made with Team B.
My issue is that if the referees want to interpret each rule at its most technical, football will become unwatchable.