• Post game summary and questions

#45051  by gofurman
 Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:33 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:24 am
It's a cliche' that's true....Scoreboard and Ws and Ls are literally all that matter...Some of y'all sound like Brazilian soccer fans when they beat Venezuela 2-1..The press routinely blasts them for playing boring soccer...Samford is fun to watch offensively...But they're 2-2...Some of y'all should be thanking your lucky stars Richey doesn't take Bennett's approach at Virginia...Even worse, what about Dick Bennett at Wisconsin...He would just assume score 45-50 a game to win...They win, but the PPG and possessions etc would be enough to make this board implode literally.... but Winning hoops games 45-30 is not the way "fans on this site want to win" despite what Bennett has built there and what his father did at Wisconsin...Decide what you want or how you want...France loves to play attractive soccer and lose 5-4...That's how it once was...Sometimes I think Furman fans also cheer for some of those French soccer teams that were lovable losers from the 50s-80s....Do Furman fans...some on here not all...care about actually winning or does it matter where you rank in conference stats...Because if that's the case, some fans need to start rooting for Samford.
I wish we did play basketball like UVA. W I N. I don’t want to be entertained. I want to win. Winning is entertaining! I will take every game at 7-3 and win a national title. Just not sure any D can sustain that these days. 25 points per game on O can work.
 #45052  by gofurman
 Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:06 am
I saw the best HS QB performance I’ve seen in a couple of years out of a freshman at my wife’s little town in Ohio. Shocking arm talent for a 14 year old or anybody really. So for grins I passed that along to GQ and he actually responded that he’d check him out. I expected to be blown off, so that impressed me. He seems willing to think outside the box.
I’m a little shocked if a coach DOESNT check out a tip on a super talent. I mean, with the internet, they can google.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.