• UNC-Wilmington @ (11-0) #23 Furman Saturday Dec. 15th

#8008  by fufanatic
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:07 pm
Bootie wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:12 am
fufanatic wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:08 am
I'm OK with creating a bit of demand among students if the place is truly a sell out, but to turn a single student (or anyone else away for that matter) when there are empty seats visible around the arena is just outrageous. Figure out which donors aren't using their tickets and devise a plan to fill those seats.
Seats that have been paid for cannot be given away, regardless if someone is not there. Maybe they're just can't get there until halftime or later for whatever reason. Empty seats that have been paid for have to sit empty. I don't see a choice in that. Open seats that have not been sold, however, should be fair game, and it seems simple to allow students to purchase those tix for a discount, at the least.
I understand that concept, but to me there's a difference in someone who purchased season tickets or an individual ticket, and isn't in their seats at tip off, and tickets provided to donors as some sort of gift for donating a million dollars with the knowledge that they will never attend a game. It's especially embarrassing if said seats are premium in the first couple of rows and those sit empty for people to see on TV.
 #8025  by furpop16
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:16 pm
fufanatic wrote:
It's especially embarrassing if said seats are premium in the first couple of rows and those sit empty for people to see on TV.

Out here in La La Land we appoint designated "sitters" who temporarily occupy empty seats to avoid this kind of embarrassment at the Academy Awards.

With a little creativity - and a pre-appointed cadre of ready students - the same concept could be applied to this problem.
 #8026  by gman
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:21 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:16 pm
fufanatic wrote:
It's especially embarrassing if said seats are premium in the first couple of rows and those sit empty for people to see on TV.

Out here in La La Land we appoint designated "sitters" who temporarily occupy empty seats to avoid this kind of embarrassment at the Academy Awards.

With a little creativity - and a pre-appointed cadre of ready students - the same concept could be applied to this problem.
Like Kramer (Seinfeld)? :D
fufanatic liked this
 #8037  by Flagman
 Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:39 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Bootie wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:12 am
fufanatic wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:08 am
I'm OK with creating a bit of demand among students if the place is truly a sell out, but to turn a single student (or anyone else away for that matter) when there are empty seats visible around the arena is just outrageous. Figure out which donors aren't using their tickets and devise a plan to fill those seats.
Seats that have been paid for cannot be given away, regardless if someone is not there. Maybe they're just can't get there until halftime or later for whatever reason. Empty seats that have been paid for have to sit empty. I don't see a choice in that. Open seats that have not been sold, however, should be fair game, and it seems simple to allow students to purchase those tix for a discount, at the least.
I understand that concept, but to me there's a difference in someone who purchased season tickets or an individual ticket, and isn't in their seats at tip off, and tickets provided to donors as some sort of gift for donating a million dollars with the knowledge that they will never attend a game. It's especially embarrassing if said seats are premium in the first couple of rows and those sit empty for people to see on TV.
The university has made every effort to contact individual donors and corporatesponsors to request they be allowed to redistribute the unused tickets. Quite a number of tickets have been turned in (according to a reliable source). FYI, we had several students sittng in seats in front of us. The season ticket holder for those seats was not present. Another season ticket holder with the seat next to ours also turned in his ticket which was sold to a fan who had driven from NW Atlanta for the game.
FUKA61, underjack, dornb and 3 others liked this
 #8074  by Flagman
 Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:14 am
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:49 pm
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:50 pm
Speaking of tickets, anyone interested in seeing the Paladins over at Wofford on 1/19 might want to go ahead and get em while you can. Just sayin'
bump
Done.