• FU vs. WCU Saturday Dec. 1st

#7344  by Affirm
 Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:52 pm
We are going to lose games this season, and we might lose many. The first could easily come Tuesday. Let’s be thankful for the great start this year and hopeful that we get the right wins at the right times for conference tournament success. No need to put undue pressure on this team and coach.
bj93 and 1 others liked this
 #7345  by Fessor
 Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:55 pm
gman wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:00 pm
By the way, Furman needs to sign up Coach Richey for a lifetime contract. He is that good of a coach.
Why now?
If he is that good, then nothing in a Furman contract is going to keep him from leaving, if he wants to leave.
And if he isn't, then you've just repeated the JJ mistake.
 #7347  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:17 pm
Fessor wrote:
gman wrote:
By the way, Furman needs to sign up Coach Richey for a lifetime contract. He is that good of a coach.
Why now?
If he is that good, then nothing in a Furman contract is going to keep him from leaving, if he wants to leave.

The JJ mistake was actually hiring him in the first place
Fessor, MNORM, furman88 and 1 others liked this
 #7349  by Affirm
 Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:23 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fessor wrote:
gman wrote:
Why now?

But it must have been also the contract that caused us to also keep him too long after we realized the hiring mistake.
Fessor liked this
 #7351  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:28 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:23 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fessor wrote:
gman wrote:
Why now?

But it must have been also the contract that caused us to also keep him too long after we realized the hiring mistake.

Correct
But if the first mistake would have never been made (just look what he did prior to FU lol) then the second mistake would have never happened of course
 #7357  by apaladin
 Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:33 pm
I was out of town and didn't get to go so I wanted to watch the replay. The replay is working now but it cuts off at the start of the first OT. Bummer.
 #7370  by GOAT
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:11 am
Jasper wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:11 pm
There isn't enough Kool Aid in the universe to convince me that this wasn't a poorly played and badly coached game. A home win against a lowly rated 2-7 team who was an 18 point underdog in double overtime is not the stuff of highlight films. We allowed the WCU big man, Dotson, to dominate the game and virtually score at will in the 2nd half when our best player, Matt Rafferty, was in deep foul trouble without even looking down our own bench at 6'8'' 250 lb. Jalen Williams with 5 fouls to give. Dotson shot fouls like Wilt Chamberlain BTW and was scoreless in the first half when Raff was able to challenge him. Are you kidding me? It was an exciting game and it was a win - so some of you fans on this board will be ecstatic and hoping to rise to the top of the rankings this week on Furman's inevitable journey to the Final Four. I will shut up and leave you to your fun. For the kids sake I hope it will continue as long as it can. But let's just say I will not be contributing to the "hire our great coach for life" fund.
We were an 18 point favorite because theses players and coaches have worked really hard and they were 7-0. Since 1980 I wonder how many times we have been a 18 point favorite in a Socon game.
Other than not putting Williams in for Rafferty in the second half what other bad coaching decisions did our coach make? Remember you get to make this analysis after the game when you know the outcome of the coaches decisions. Also which Furman coach since 1980 would you rather be coaching this team?

I am so glad we are being criticized for winning by 2 when were an 18 point favorite. I got so tired of hearing over the last 38 years that we were an 18 point underdog and we only lost by 4.
We may not win another game but I know we have a chance at being 9-0. I like this team and this coach. I Hope they continue to do well.
FU03times, FUKA61, Paladin575 and 6 others liked this
 #7389  by fufanatic
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:07 pm
There's certainly some things to clean up and I don't anticipate us winning every game (and we probably aren't even the favorites to win the conference), but it is remarkable that after decades and decades of awful teams, some would choose this time to be critical of the team and coaches. Let's all enjoy the ride because you never know when it will end.
dornb, FUKA61 liked this