Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:58 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:56 pm
Well, looking for positives.

Surrendered only 7 in the second half
Only one turnover
10+ yard per completion
Only one sack surrendered
NC Stat's average 3rd down distance was 6.2, so we were getting them in 3rd and longs.
Would rather lose 45-7 to NC State than 31-10 at home to Kennesaw St. We did better than South Florida 45-0 v. 45-7. 🤣
Affirm, FU69 liked this
 #43356  by FUPlayer74
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:14 am
I was disappointed when after we got their fumble, we didn't strike, just ran the ball up the middle. That told me a lot about our approach to this game. Move on.
MidlandsPaladin liked this
 #43358  by Affirm
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:03 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:14 am
No lipstick can be put on this one. Smelled like a hog pen in late July.

Good news.

New game, new opponent next week.
Bad news.
It’s Mercer.
 #43360  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:44 am
Finally got to see some of Furman's backs get loose and to the next level. This is some Jerome Felton type stuff.

#43364  by Furmanoid
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:32 am
Memphis barely survived Arkansas State then beat Miss State, so Miss State may well be the worst team in the SEC West as predicted in preseason. They looked like champions against NC State. NC State isn’t too good.

But the SEC is sooo awesome you say. Maybe but I think the eastern bottom dweller has lost to the SoCon and the third from the bottom barely escaped. Meanwhile we got utterly destroyed by somebody who got soundly beaten by a bad SEC team. I’m not sure NC State is really much better than the best SoCon teams. Better for sure but not blow out better. What the heck happened? I’m worrying that NC A&T just wasn’t any good at all, and we are who we were a few short months ago.
Jasper, bj93, FU69 liked this
 #43365  by Davemeister
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:38 am
A penny for my thoughts, because they aren't worth two cents:

1) I'm glad this one is over and in the rearview mirror.

2) I didn't expect us to win but thought we would make a better showing.

3) I know you hate to hear this, but it's true: we will not play another team this year as good as NC State.

4) Basketball begins in 6 weeks - but never fear! Some of you will find just as much to complain about
then as you have to gripe about now.

5) Beat Mercer!
gman84, Chuckles, QCGlue and 2 others liked this
 #43366  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:19 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:32 am
Memphis barely survived Arkansas State then beat Miss State, so Miss State may well be the worst team in the SEC West as predicted in preseason. They looked like champions against NC State. NC State isn’t too good.

But the SEC is sooo awesome you say. Maybe but I think the eastern bottom dweller has lost to the SoCon and the third from the bottom barely escaped. Meanwhile we got utterly destroyed by somebody who got soundly beaten by a bad SEC team. I’m not sure NC State is really much better than the best SoCon teams. Better for sure but not blow out better. What the heck happened? I’m worrying that NC A&T just wasn’t any good at all, and we are who we were a few short months ago.
Very possible if not likely. Any college QB can complete passes if he has all day and that is what happened yesterday. He will not have all day next week. He will be lucky to have 3 seconds. Some SoCon teams have been very competitive in their FBS games. VMI and Furman were embarrassed.
 #43367  by dinhead
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:48 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:51 pm
Speaking of halftime, since the reinstating of scholarships some 50+ years ago I do not believe FU has ever been down as much as they were tonight at halftime.
42-0 against Auburn. It was so bad Auburn took a knee before halftime to keep from scoring again.
 #43369  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:13 pm
dinhead wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:48 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:51 pm
Speaking of halftime, since the reinstating of scholarships some 50+ years ago I do not believe FU has ever been down as much as they were tonight at halftime.
42-0 against Auburn. It was so bad Auburn took a knee before halftime to keep from scoring again.
Actually it was 42-3 at half. That was the game we inserted a QB that didn’t know the playbook and proceeded to score 28 second half points. :shock: Felt much better after that game than last nights.
LB1987, FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.