• SoCon Tournament (Asheville March 6-9)

#25964  by Roundball
 Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:38 pm
Last year, I sent a text to a friend (will not name names) that was seating behind our bench to wake up the Furman fans. They were not vocal at all. He answered back, “Heck, half of these folks are on oxygen!” We need those same fans and many younger fans to be there and to be engaged. I promise to do my part. Go Paladins!
 #25967  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:45 pm
Roundball wrote:
Last year, I sent a text to a friend (will not name names) that was seating behind our bench to wake up the Furman fans. They were not vocal at all. He answered back, “Heck, half of these folks are on oxygen!” We need those same fans and many younger fans to be there and to be engaged. I promise to do my part. Go Paladins!
For the past 5 years all the FU students and 'New' FU hoops fans in general have known is winning, keep this streak up and we will continue pumping more and more waves of younger fans into the program every single year!
 #25968  by furpop16
 Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:12 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
For the past 5 years all the FU students and 'New' FU hoops fans in general have known is winning ...

5 years on the nose. It was March 2015 when FU arrived at Asheville with a 5-13 in-conference record and a last-place finish. They then proceeded to win three straight before falling short by 3 to Wofford in the championship game.

That weekend was the exact moment the turnaround began.
hypercycloid, paladinfan12 and 1 others liked this
 #25969  by Affirm
 Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:20 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
For the past 5 years all the FU students and 'New' FU hoops fans in general have known is winning, keep this streak up and we will continue pumping more and more waves of younger fans into the program every single year!
Let’s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 #25971  by paladinfan12
 Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:01 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:12 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
For the past 5 years all the FU students and 'New' FU hoops fans in general have known is winning ...

5 years on the nose. It was March 2015 when FU arrived at Asheville with a 5-13 in-conference record and a last-place finish. They then proceeded to win three straight before falling short by 3 to Wofford in the championship game.

That weekend was the exact moment the turnaround began.
Truth was never spoken more directly. An excellent beginning to the best run of Furman basketball in my lifetime.
furpop16, FUKA61 liked this
 #25978  by furpop16
 Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:26 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:26 pm
Geoff Beans played in the post after Acox got hurt.

If I recall correctly, our breakout had the NCAA in quite a lather. They'd never had a mid-major threaten to infect their tournament with such a pitiful in-conference record.
 #25979  by din23
 Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:41 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:26 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:26 pm
Geoff Beans played in the post after Acox got hurt.

If I recall correctly, our breakout had the NCAA in quite a lather. They'd never had a mid-major threaten to infect their tournament with such a pitiful in-conference record.
Had we won that game, we would've been headed straight to the play-in game in Dayton with a 12-21 record. According to the article below, we wouldn't have been the first team with a losing record to make it, but we would have had the most losses ever by a tournament team.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... -make-ncaa

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by The Jackal

Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:38 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.