• Game 1 - Charleston Southern

#16347  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:36 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:38 am
I am thankful for yesterday.
I am thankful that I was there yesterday.
I am thankful for where we are at present with our football program.
I do realize that we must always strive to improve.
So we shall.
It gets harder.
I am thankful for today.
I am thankful for the opportunity to strive to improve, even though it gets harder to improve.

I think some of you see me as slightly negative. FUBeAR called me eeyore once (AGS) to tease me- LOL. I am not. I love the post above and agree with every point. I think that's a wonderful post. wonderful I am thankful for everything - . I just focus on improvement - maybe too much? Why? because I love FU Football and want the best.

In any case I am very excited by our trajectory ! the only real concern I have is not GSU (that's one game) - I saw another person post this same thing on AGS: I do hope our new AD continues to push football and basketball .. coming from Villanova they are awesome at bball (and yes, won the FCS title this decade) but they are known for bball. hope we don't see a decline in football funding
 #16378  by MNORM
 Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:27 am
gofurman wrote:
affirm wrote:
So we shall.
It gets harder.
I am thankful for today.
I am thankful for the opportunity to strive to improve, even though it gets harder to improve.

I think some of you see me as slightly negative. FUBeAR called me eeyore once (AGS) to tease me- LOL. I am not. I love the post above and agree with every point. I think that's a wonderful post. wonderful I am thankful for everything - . I just focus on improvement - maybe too much? Why? because I love FU Football and want the best.

In any case I am very excited by our trajectory ! the only real concern I have is not GSU (that's one game) - I saw another person post this same thing on AGS: I do hope our new AD continues to push football and basketball .. coming from Villanova they are awesome at bball (and yes, won the FCS title this decade) but they are known for bball. hope we don't see a decline in football funding
I don't think you're necessarily negative, but you definitely worry/overthink way too much about little things that are simply just part of the game. You obviously really love Furman football...but if I sat around and worried about all these things it would absolutely suck all the joy out of the experience.
I'm looking forward to going to Atlanta with my 11 year old son, touring the new Braves stadium in the morning, tailgating at the hotel with a friend and his son, and then heading to the game. If we win we win...if not, it will still be a great time. Analyzing the game , the teams, injuries, etc. is fun. However, digging in the weeds too much can start to detract from the whole point of this, IMO. I want to see us get back to 1985-88, 2001, '04, '05, etc. as much as anyone else, but try and enjoy the ride...the journey can be just as much fun as the destination.

Go Dins!
FUBeAR, dornb, Jasper and 7 others liked this
 #16397  by gofurman
 Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:15 pm
MNORM wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:27 am
gofurman wrote:
affirm wrote:
So we shall.
It gets harder.
I am thankful for today.

I don't think you're necessarily negative, but you definitely worry/overthink way too much about little things that are simply just part of the game. You obviously really love Furman football...but if I sat around and worried about all these things it would absolutely suck all the joy out of the experience.
I'm looking forward to going to Atlanta with my 11 year old son, touring the new Braves stadium in the morning, tailgating at the hotel with a friend and his son, and then heading to the game. If we win we win...if not, it will still be a great time. Analyzing the game , the teams, injuries, etc. is fun. However, digging in the weeds too much can start to detract from the whole point of this, IMO. I want to see us get back to 1985-88, 2001, '04, '05, etc. as much as anyone else, but try and enjoy the ride...the journey can be just as much fun as the destination.

Go Dins!
Good point MNORM.

Exactly - I am not negative. Very positive actually. ENJOY every day of your life!!!.

I am probably too analytical/overthink things. Agree. Lol

On other hand we are all different and that’s actually how I enjoy the game - injuries and stats etc are interesting to me. Others couldn’t care less about that same stuff.

Also I am somewhat sensitized to bad starts the past two years and I see the possibility of 1-3 w GSU and VTech etc. then Mercer will be tough ... hope we get either GSU or Mercer !

Gopaladins !
MNORM liked this