• A. D. Search

#14888  by gofurman
 Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:22 am
Flagman wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:03 am
My only exposure to her was at a couple of the Paladin Club basketball drop-ins. I’m curious about her overall performance as director of the Paladin Club. Have we reached our membership and $ goals under her leadership? What have been her interactions with the coaches and other staff and administrators? This would be a tremendous jump for her. I believe the AD position at Furman would generate a tremendous amount of interest from a good sized pool of candidates with considerable experience.
Agree - we last got Buddie from Wake Forest as their assistant AD. I wouldn't mind another assistant AD at a 'larger' school - ACC etc. Someone who has proven experience selling the product !
 #14890  by Affirm
 Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:42 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:03 am
My only exposure to her was at a couple of the Paladin Club basketball drop-ins. I’m curious about her overall performance as director of the Paladin Club. Have we reached our membership and $ goals under her leadership? What have been her interactions with the coaches and other staff and administrators? This would be a tremendous jump for her. I believe the AD position at Furman would generate a tremendous amount of interest from a good sized pool of candidates with considerable experience.
My main concern is that it is my impression that those number and dollar goals were apparently not met for 2018-2019. I do not know that, but we would have heard if they had been, it seems.
 #14891  by JoeyFreshwater
 Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:18 am
Goals were not met. Mike Buddie was the best fundraiser the Paladin club has had in the last decade securing a few million dollar donations. Erin Wissing is not qualified to be an AD nor is anyone else on staff at Furman. Need to look elsewhere.
 #14893  by Affirm
 Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:53 am
JoeyFreshwater wrote:
Goals were not met. Mike Buddie was the best fundraiser the Paladin club has had in the last decade securing a few million dollar donations. Erin Wissing is not qualified to be an AD nor is anyone else on staff at Furman. Need to look elsewhere.
I’d like to see specific numbers.
Also, if MB was such a great fundraiser, there should be evidence of that even in his final year (he was still in the job through 6/30/19), in addition to specific evidence in previous specific years.
 #14895  by JoeyFreshwater
 Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am
Can’t help you there, affirm, but know that MB secured at least two $1M donations for track and football during his time.
 #14897  by apaladin
 Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:12 pm
Agree, need someone with AD type experience. Doesn't matter whether PC fund raising goals were met or not.
 #14899  by Affirm
 Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:06 pm
JoeyFreshwater wrote:
The buck stops with the A.D., so failure to meets goals this year was ultimately MB’s failure as much as being any fault of Wissing. Was he not directing and guiding her over the last 22 months? She did not even get to Furman until August 2017.
 #14906  by Affirm
 Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:35 am
I am sensitive to the personal and private nature of certain information. Whether or not an individual warrants selection, the individual absolutely deserves respect. This is certainly true when the individual is a highly valued active staff member. I apologize for having brought up the discussion of the individual.
 #14907  by Affirm
 Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:57 am
JoeyFreshwater wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am
Can’t help you there, affirm, but know that MB secured at least two $1M donations for track and football during his time.
I am not sure how similar Furman and Holy Cross are in all respects (obviously they are in Massachusetts and are Catholic), but in regard to student enrollment numbers, alumni numbers, academics, and level of athletics, it seems we are very similar to Holy Cross. I can think of very few schools that would be as similar. Last week, I read that they had an all-time record with their athletics fundraising support organization in 2018-2019: $2.1 million and 4,700 members. Want to to how we did compared to that and to our previous years. What are our all-time record highs? What are our 2018-2019 numbers for dollars and members?

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.