• New Ask The AD

#66928  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:57 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:02 pm
Has JD found a pep band to represent us in the NCAA tourney :D

My idea for this, have the music department get in touch with former FU pep band members from years past, I am sure they still remember the fight song ect., I would think a good bit of them would be interested in taking FU up on this opportunity ;)
 #66929  by Roundball
 Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:58 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

My idea for this, have the music department get in touch with former FU pep band members from years past, I am sure they still remember the fight song ect., I would think a good bit of them would be interested in taking FU up on this opportunity ;)
I don’t remember not having a pep band at the tourney. They don’t seem happy to be there, but they are.
 #66930  by FU Hoopla
 Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:05 pm
Roundball wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

I don’t remember not having a pep band at the tourney. They don’t seem happy to be there, but they are.
They will be at SoCon tourney.
They will not be at NCAA tourney if we are fortunate enough to make it as they have a trip planned to Ireland.

My idea stands for the NCAA tourney ;)
 #66932  by FUBeAR
 Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:34 pm
FUBeAR and many of his Football Alumni friends are excellent kazoo players. Should Furman need a Pep Band to take any all expenses paid trips to NCAA Tournament games, FUBeAR can round up a crewe.

Dah Dah, dah dah da da dum. Dah, Dah, Dah…
Last edited by FUBeAR on Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #66944  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:08 am
MNORM wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:33 am
RaleighDin wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:13 am
HammerTKE wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:09 pm
Will the first choice for seats in the renovated Timmons Arena be selected based upon donor level (priority points) or current season ticket locations? For example, if someone has courtside seats today, can they be replaced in the renovated arena by someone who donates at a higher level?
As someone who loves their current seats, I'd second this question.
This is my only real concern as well. I love my chunk of seats and realize I've out-punted my donor level with their location. I've had them for a number of years, however, and would hate to lose them.
Same here. Would not be cool for us faithful that have been there for years to get kicked to the curb, or maybe I should say the endzone. :lol:
 #66945  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:11 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Roundball wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

They will not be at NCAA tourney if we are fortunate enough to make it as they have a trip planned to Ireland.

Another bonehead move. I think Furman needs a scheduling coordinator with a little common sense.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #66948  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:53 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:11 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
Roundball wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

Another bonehead move. I think Furman needs a scheduling coordinator with a little common sense.

Agree!
Students always away on spring break during SoCon tourney
Now band going on trip at NCAA tourney time

We've got 22 or more wins in 6 of the last 7 seasons, NCAA's have been a real shot for awhile now, don't tell me they booked this trip 5+ years ago lol, no reason for folks to not be on board with proper scheduling that makes sense by now.

Better start calling up old band members soon so they can make their plans............
 #66954  by cavedweller2
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:27 am
FUBeAR wrote:
FUBeAR and many of his Football Alumni friends are excellent kazoo players. Should Furman need a Pep Band to take any all expenses paid trips to NCAA Tournament games, FUBeAR can round up a crewe.

Freebird can play Men at Work's "Who Can it be Now" flawlessly on the Kazoo.
 #66957  by FUBeAR
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:18 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:27 am
FUBeAR wrote:

Freebird can play Men at Work's "Who Can it be Now" flawlessly on the Kazoo.
Dis u?
 #66958  by Roundball
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:26 am
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:06 am
I'm more concerned about the Team making the Big Dance than I am the Pep Band.
I am with you. I certainly hope Dan does not waste JD's time with a question about the pep band.
 #66959  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:30 am
Roundball wrote:
Davemeister wrote:
I am with you. I certainly hope Dan does not waste JD's time with a question about the pep band.
If you had any clue about anything you would realize JD already made a point of it to bring it up himself 2 podcasts ago ;)
 #66960  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:30 am
Davemeister wrote:
You have every right to do that.
For those in charge that would be poor planning however, all things must me thought out in advance to be successful.
 #66962  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:39 am
JD discussing pep band and also brings up the NCAA tourney - band trip conflict topic on his own (59:00):

#66965  by Affirm
 Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:59 am
Roundball wrote:
Davemeister wrote:
Is not he where the buck stops? The one with ultimate responsibility. Maybe you want it to be on Richey. Or do we think it has to go all the way to the University President, (which would absolutely waste HER time)?

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.