• Lunch And Learn Returns

#32018  by FUBeAR
 Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:51 pm
CAA announces their spring football framework...

https://caasports.com/news/2020/9/29/ca ... eason.aspx

CAA FOOTBALL ANNOUNCES SCHEDULING FORMAT FOR SPRING 2021 SEASON

RICHMOND, Va. (September 30, 2020) – CAA Football is making plans to play a six-game conference schedule that includes the option for institutions to add up to two non-conference contests during the Spring 2021 season.

The conference will use a North/South divisional format, with all six league games coming against teams within the division. The team with the best overall conference record will be the conference’s automatic qualifier to the NCAA Football Championship. Should the divisional champions finish with the same record, a tiebreaking policy will be used to determine the automatic qualifier.
 #32026  by Flagman
 Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:41 pm
I wonder if there's a chance the SoCon might adopt something similar with OOC games? But, it appears that the CAA is saying out-of-division games are possible. Is that a correct reading on my part?
 #32027  by The Jackal
 Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:35 pm
Flagman wrote:
I wonder if there's a chance the SoCon might adopt something similar with OOC games? But, it appears that the CAA is saying out-of-division games are possible. Is that a correct reading on my part?

The CAA doesn't have divisions, but has 12 teams. So, they'll have to create those. Maybe a division format is something they move toward in the future.

It does look like they can schedule the conference opponents from the other "division."

According to the press release:
Institutions are allowed to schedule “non-conference” games against other conference members, but those games would not count towards the conference standings and the outcome would not be used in the tiebreaking procedures.
 #32028  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:38 pm
Flagman wrote:
Not sure what the CAA is doing. It says two division, 6 conference games all within division. That’s not possible unless you play an in division team twice. I look for the SoCon to play a straight 8 game conference schedule if everyone plays. If one or 2 don’t play then ooc games would be in order. That is basically what CCH said. Speaking of lunch and learn did anyone listen Monday? I was out and didn’t get a chance. How was participation?
 #32029  by Flagman
 Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:46 pm
Very good participation. Not up to CCH, but very respectable. Dakota Dozier will be on Tuesday. Should be interesting considering the cancellation of their game this week.
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.