• (17-5) Furman @ (8-14) Mercer Feb. 2nd

#9821  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:27 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:15 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:32 am
Mercer is a bit odd to me, they can pull 3,000 fans in for a Saturday game, have had some decent success in basketball in the last 8 years, yet they have virtually no online fan base/presence

Of course I meant other than FUBeAR :D
FUBeAR liked this
 #9822  by furman88
 Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:58 pm
Love this team but I'm with Paul C in the screaming dept. My wife almost refuses to watch a game with me and I conside myself pretty laid back. I can't imagine how Coach RiIchey keeps it together. Prob why he is coaching and I'm watching. :D
 #9827  by tya1
 Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:09 pm
You might not know it from the comments but this was Mercer's worst SoCon home loss of the season. It was their third biggest margin of defeat of the season. They lost to Georgia Southern by 15, at Furman by 13, and tonight. They are a tough team to get away from. Considering the foul trouble we faced that was one of the better performances of the season by the Paladins.

Rafferty was tough as usual. Lyons had one of his best overall games of the year. Mounce's three point shooting was key. Brown with a solid contribution off the bench - I thought he settled us down at times when we were playing shorthanded. Very good defensive effort from the whole team. Mercer's starters only hit 15 of 47 shots - less than 32%. The bench wasn't much better.
Mounce is an amazing shooter but shouldn’t be allowed to dribble outside the arc.
He often dribbles the ball too high and too loose. Much better to keep the dribble low and closer to the body - harder to steal and easier to draw fouls and easier to make change of direction moves on the attack. Certainly something that can improve with more experience.
furman88, FU03times and 1 others liked this
 #9838  by fufanatic
 Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:32 am
After the tough game against Samford, I’m so impressed with how Lyons has responded the last two games. He’s a tough son of a gun. And clearly that game has motivated him to step it up. Really liked his three point attempts yesterday. Still not an amazing percentage, but the ones he hit were tough and huge. Nice job JL!
apaladin, FU03times, dornb liked this
 #9840  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:43 am
Mounce is an amazing shooter but shouldn’t be allowed to dribble outside the arc.
He often dribbles the ball too high and too loose. Much better to keep the dribble low and closer to the body - harder to steal and easier to draw fouls and easier to make change of direction moves on the attack. Certainly something that can improve with more experience.
[/quote]

Tre Clark is bad about this too. Have to keep the dribble low. This was the best conference road win ion the year.
 #9847  by CharlieFU
 Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:06 pm
fufanatic wrote:
After the tough game against Samford, I’m so impressed with how Lyons has responded the last two games. He’s a tough son of a gun. And clearly that game has motivated him to step it up. Really liked his three point attempts yesterday. Still not an amazing percentage, but the ones he hit were tough and huge. Nice job JL!
He has hit some important shots for us throughout the season. At crucial times. And his confidence and energy is key to our success.
gman, furman88 liked this
 #9854  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:46 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
fufanatic wrote:
He has hit some important shots for us throughout the season. At crucial times. And his confidence and energy is key to our success.
Not only a key but could be the key.
 #9862  by fufanatic
 Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:29 am
CharlieFU wrote:
fufanatic wrote:
Completely agree. I think we are going to have to live with the percentage, because he clearly has a green light, and he clearly can make a big shot.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.