• ETSU @ #3 Furman Oct. 28th (Homecoming) - New & Improved Thread

#78594  by Roundball
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:33 pm
Kennypowers wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:24 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:19 pm
Should have been a late hit on ETSU. Chizik was clearly out of bounds when hit.
Not really....his feet had not touched out yet. doesn't matter anyway. offsetting at best.
You are right, it doesn’t matter now, but he was two feet out of bounds. The tv guys said the same thing. Down call by the refs.
 #78604  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:07 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:27 pm
Ugly game.

I realize it's hard to win every conference game playing the same teams every season. I'm sure it's also tough to play big games and keep that energy up the whole time.

This is the second time this season we've just looked asleep at home.
Look I’m glad we won. . I really am

Ask clemson. Or Oklahoma! Actually those scare me. Ok survived UCF last week and that goes against the “just win” theory. After Oklahoma survive UCF they continue that level of play and lose to Kansas. Clemson looks lesser this year and now is losing to NC State. Sometimes “just win” doesn’t hold up. It shows flaws which eventually catch up with a team

You know when Jackal says this it means something. He usually is more positive about any win. We do seem to play to level of opponent as TV guys said. Citadel. Today. Best games v Mercer and WCU. there is a trend. Lesser opponent - play flat

We don’t step on the throat of weaker teams. We don’t. And it can get you. I was thinking at 6-0 all they need is a scoop and score to beat us. And that blocked punt did happen. Don’t leave it as a one score game. You are playing with fire. That is a team on their 3rd QB throwing tons of interceptions without their best WR …. If you told me we had a PLUS THREE turnover ratio I would a thought we won by 25 easy.

Look we won but we have to show up with ATTITUDE

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.