Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:20 pm
ccoates wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:40 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:56 pm
ccoates wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:06 pm
I am confused.

Back on May 39, it was announced that Mike Buddie was headed to West Point.

Since then I have seen nothing more on the subject or the search for a replacement. Until today.

There was an item on the website concerning the elevation of Julie Steffes to the position of Associate Athletic Director.

The announcement was made by Athletic Director ...MIKE BUDDIE?!!

What's the story? Is he leaving? Is he working out his 30 day notice?

I know some people are on vacation after the school year, but that was almost a month ago.

The status of the AD position is of more than abiding interest and concern.I don't think the the fan base is being well served by the current paucity of information
So...FUBeAR finds the interesting piece of that announcement is that Jodi Steffes was also named Sr. Women’s Administrator (SWA), but FU already had an SWA in place - Elaine Baker https://www.furmanpaladins.com/informat ... e?view=bio - “In addition, from 1997 through 2019 she has served as the department’s senior woman administrator”...and she was still listed as SWA on the website when this announcement was released.

So...

1) Elaine is giving up that responsibility to focus fully on Sports Medicine...perhaps even winding down a bit. She’s been around a long time - she even used to tape FUBeAR’s ankles on occasion - been a hard-working, loyal Paladin, and certainly has earned the right to pass off one of her multiple hats.

OR

2) Is that a clue that this long-tenured Sr. Athletic Dept. stalwart & Greenville native daughter just may be the next FU AD?

Your thoughts?
What I find troublesome is that the Website has never addressed, in any way, Mike Buddie's departure. Maybe there's a reason for it, but I can't figure out what it could be. Maybe, after a month, it's old news.
While I'm sure most people at Furman are happy for MB, and it's certainly a positive career move (as much as I love Furman), it's not exactly something you want to be touting on your own athletics website when you can control what is and isn't posted. I'm sure they'll be a brief mention on why the position was open in the new AD release. Here's what was posted when NM left, which to me makes more sense because the team was still playing games at the time.

http://furmanpaladins.com/news/2017/3/2 ... ath=mbball
 #14610  by fufanatic
 Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:20 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:56 pm
ccoates wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:06 pm
I am confused.

Back on May 39, it was announced that Mike Buddie was headed to West Point.

Since then I have seen nothing more on the subject or the search for a replacement. Until today.

There was an item on the website concerning the elevation of Julie Steffes to the position of Associate Athletic Director.

The announcement was made by Athletic Director ...MIKE BUDDIE?!!

What's the story? Is he leaving? Is he working out his 30 day notice?

I know some people are on vacation after the school year, but that was almost a month ago.

The status of the AD position is of more than abiding interest and concern.I don't think the the fan base is being well served by the current paucity of information
So...FUBeAR finds the interesting piece of that announcement is that Jodi Steffes was also named Sr. Women’s Administrator (SWA), but FU already had an SWA in place - Elaine Baker https://www.furmanpaladins.com/informat ... e?view=bio - “In addition, from 1997 through 2019 she has served as the department’s senior woman administrator”...and she was still listed as SWA on the website when this announcement was released.

So...

1) Elaine is giving up that responsibility to focus fully on Sports Medicine...perhaps even winding down a bit. She’s been around a long time - she even used to tape FUBeAR’s ankles on occasion - been a hard-working, loyal Paladin, and certainly has earned the right to pass off one of her multiple hats.

OR

2) Is that a clue that this long-tenured Sr. Athletic Dept. stalwart & Greenville native daughter just may be the next FU AD?

Your thoughts?
I would put a lot of money (that I don't have) on the answer being the former and not the latter.
Jasper liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.