• Final Stats Poll

#8822  by FUpaladin08
 Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:46 pm
I think not having a returning QB, and not knowing who our QB will be until after Spring (I assume it’ll be a battle), will not help us get a top 25 ranking in the preseason poll. But we’ll be close and starting the season 2-1 would help keep us in there.
 #8826  by apaladin
 Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:48 pm
You guys act like the voters actually do research and know who's coming back etc, lol. Doesn't happen. The final poll will be the opening poll for 2019, maybe one or 2 exceptions but not likely.
 #8830  by gofurman
 Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:30 am
gman wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:43 am
gofurman wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:27 am
Unlike Dabos errant claim "little old Clemson" (with their 50 MILLION football spending recently including a putt putt course in the new construction etc etc ) is NOT the first team to go 15-0. Yale went 16-0 way back in 1890s.

Sad that I know more than Dabo. Another Northern team went 15-0 in 1890s too
You know more than Dabo? Maybe you should be a head coach. It’s awesome that Dabo said his joy comes from focusing on Jesus, others, and then yourself. How can anyone not pull for a man like Dabo. He is an awesome leader of young men. I appreciate that he can given lots of time to Coach Richey.
I agree with your post about Dabo giving credit to Jesus and others. That was awesome

I was focused on his specific comment. (I made this very clear ) that was flat out WRONG - he said Clemson is the first team to go 15-0. WRONG. How can any college coach think that ??? Heck, they were talking all week about Yale and another having done it. I'm just saying his freakin JOB is to know college football. I shouldn't know more about the sport in hardly any area than he does. And he isn't quite the leader people think. I had a friend play on the team that got ASS WHIPPED by WVU in 2011/2012. Watch the tape of that game when Clemson got behind. Dabo lost that team. They wouldn't listen to him and players actually walked away from him as he was yelling at them. Things changed when Venabkes arrived and they started paying assistants 2.2 MILLION ... Many coaches could look good with Venables and Caldwell etc. many
 #8831  by gofurman
 Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:41 am
gofurman wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:30 am
gman wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:43 am
gofurman wrote:
Unlike Dabos errant claim "little old Clemson" (with their 50 MILLION football spending recently including a putt putt course in the new construction etc etc ) is NOT the first team to go 15-0. Yale went 16-0 way back in 1890s.

You know more than Dabo? Maybe you should be a head coach. It’s awesome that Dabo said his joy comes from focusing on Jesus, others, and then yourself. How can anyone not pull for a man like Dabo. He is an awesome leader of young men. I appreciate that he can given lots of time to Coach Richey.
I agree with your post about Dabo giving credit to Jesus and others. That was awesome

I was focused on his specific comment. (I made this very clear ) that was flat out WRONG - he said Clemson is the first team to go 15-0. WRONG. How can any college coach think that ??? Heck, they were talking all week about Yale and another having done it. I'm just saying his freakin JOB is to know college football. I shouldn't know more about the sport in hardly any area than he does. And he isn't quite the leader people think. I had a friend play on the team that got ASS WHIPPED by WVU in the bowl game in 2011/2012. Watch the tape of that game when Clemson got behind. Dabo lost that team. They wouldn't listen to him and players actually walked away from him as he was yelling at them. Things changed when Venabkes arrived and they started paying assistants 2.2 MILLION ... Many coaches could look good with Venables and Caldwell etc. many

My friend who played there said Dabo is a wonderful recruiter and Has created a wonderful culture... And is a great guy. But that he does blow a ton of smoke up your ass and when things go wrong he really loses the respect of the team like in the game I mentioned. But with the recruiting recently that doesn't happen much ... And with Clemson paying Venables etc exorbitant amounts. That was a huge reason Clemson beat Bama - Bama has been raided for their assistants Credit to Dabo in creating a culture that assistants want to stay.

One last thing. He's a grown man. DABO? really? W T H kinda name is that. LOL
Because his brothers called him 'dat boy' and slurred it to dabo'? That's a 7-year-old nickname. At MOST. Many Clemson friends agree they are rather embarrassed about that. Go by your real name. Your a grown freakin man. LOL. Of course, some of these Clemson people also thought "dabbing" started at Clemson with "dabo". Sheesh.

:D
 #8832  by gofurman
 Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:44 am
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:07 am
gofurman wrote:

I saw that stat. It's not an accurate one. I mean, North Dakota State went 15-0 just a few days ago.
Thanks Jackal.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.