• Efforts to Schedule Another Home Game in 2019

#7526  by paladinduece
 Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 pm
I would think whether they acknowledge it or not the overall record has to play apart when you get down to splitting hairs like most years. Must have been a grand ol kegger during the selection meeting for 2018 because there are several I still cant begin to explain.
 #7530  by gofurman
 Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:11 pm
paladinduece wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 pm
I would think whether they acknowledge it or not the overall record has to play apart when you get down to splitting hairs like most years. Must have been a grand ol kegger during the selection meeting for 2018 because there are several I still cant begin to explain.
This. . All you have to do is look at who they ACTUALLY SELECTED. That's all that matters to prove what they want. What do they want? Easy wins.

To wit, You could EASILY argue our own 2018 6-4 record was better than our own 2017 7-4 record !
Better record at 7-4 and we got in... But who was our best WIN? Who did we beat ? In 2017 it was Colgate. About 30th ranked. This year it was Wofford. Ranked FOURTH at the time. And probably about 12th by year end. So 2018 was much better. Worst loss ? 2017'we lost to FBS NC State, Elon, Woff, Samford. Same this year we lost to FBS Clemson, Elon, Samford and SoCon champ ETSU. you can make a case we had a better - but abbreviated - resume this year

Which team gets in??? The one that says 7-4. They want superficial wins ? Give em superficial wins. Dumb mothergagshjs committee
FUpaladin08, fufanatic liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:59 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.