#85369  by KingPaladin
 Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:47 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:28 am
KingPaladin wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:12 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:47 pm
So are we to understand that both Hein and Marcus have 1 more year of eligibilty? If so, then good news for FUMB!
Yes both are the last to have a COVID year

Is there a deadline for them to decide if they are returning?
I'd assume we'll find out if they walk for Senior Night. Other than that its probably sometime during the offseason
 #85372  by Paul C
 Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:55 pm
Correct.

This year has always been about finding the right rotation and developing the young talent for what could be a special ‘24-‘25

Whatever we accomplish this year is gravy.
din23 liked this
 #85373  by tya1
 Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:10 pm
Bronson and Humphries will be new additions eligible for next year. If we decide to fill the last scholarship spot I assume it will be for another high school player willing to redshirt next year. I suppose we could sign a high level transfer if one was available.
 #85377  by Paul C
 Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:14 pm
Having said what I did above, I’d bet we lose 1 or 2 to the portal or graduation in the offseason. I have no inside info, just playing the odds….could Whitt or Molnar go somewhere in search of more min? Does Alex W really fit in to our system? Could Hein go ahead and graduate? Will (please no) JP or Marcus get wooed away by a bigger P5 program?
 #85379  by Paladin91
 Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:42 pm
Paul C,

I think those are all potential scenarios. However I get the sense that we haven’t done much recruiting of the current senior HS class. I certainly could see a scenario where Hien or Foster elect to not return - perhaps semi pro ball or job opportunities. Alex W is a big ? mark. Earlier in the year CBR mentioned how hard he had really worked and noted previous family pressure to transfer. I know CBR really likes AW. Would hate to lose Whitt.
 #85380  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:49 pm
KingPaladin wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:47 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:28 am
KingPaladin wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:12 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:47 pm
So are we to understand that both Hein and Marcus have 1 more year of eligibilty? If so, then good news for FUMB!
Yes both are the last to have a COVID year

Is there a deadline for them to decide if they are returning?
I'd assume we'll find out if they walk for Senior Night. Other than that its probably sometime during the offseason
That really won’t mean anything, still could come back like many fb players have done.
 #85381  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:55 pm
tya1 wrote:
Bronson and Humphries will be new additions eligible for next year. If we decide to fill the last scholarship spot I assume it will be for another high school player willing to redshirt next year. I suppose we could sign a high level transfer if one was available.
True but they will probably have to wait another year IF everyone comes back as no minutes would be available. A transfer would definitely be the way to go to fill the last spot.
 #85385  by PaladinPower
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:37 am
apaladin wrote:
tya1 wrote:
True but they will probably have to wait another year IF everyone comes back as no minutes would be available. A transfer would definitely be the way to go to fill the last spot.
Interesting rationale. So 0 minutes to go around so bring in a transfer rather than sticking to the formula of bringing in a HS senior and allowing him to RS and develop/learn the concepts. Also shows a ton of faith in the guys who redshirted this year to bring in yet another body. No thanks.
 #85388  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:14 am
PaladinPower wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:37 am
apaladin wrote:
tya1 wrote:
Interesting rationale. So 0 minutes to go around so bring in a transfer rather than sticking to the formula of bringing in a HS senior and allowing him to RS and develop/learn the concepts. Also shows a ton of faith in the guys who redshirted this year to bring in yet another body. No thanks.
Not the same. Both freshmen are guards, we will need guards in 2025 not next year if everyone comes back. A transfer could shore up the frontline for a year. With that said if everyone comes back next year just sign a hs’er or just hold it for the following year. We lose a bunch after next year so plenty of minutes will be available.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.