#5556  by Affirm
 Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:46 am
Flagman wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:07 pm
sluggo wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:58 pm
gman wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:45 pm
The worst fans I’ve ever encountered were Gamecocks in Columbia. I’ll never go back there for a game. Come to think of it, I hope I never have to go to Columbia for any reason.
Avoiding cheap parking can help.
Didn't know there was cheap parking @ South Carolina games.
Cheap parking at SCar games can be not so good for:
1. Your car
2. Your feet
3. Your arrival time
4. Your feeling of personal safety
5. Your “enjoyment” of the game regardless of who SCar is playing
 #5557  by sluggo
 Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:52 am
Flagman wrote:
sluggo wrote:
gman wrote:
The worst fans I’ve ever encountered were Gamecocks in Columbia. I’ll never go back there for a game. Come to think of it, I hope I never have to go to Columbia for any reason.
You should be very happy about not knowing that. LOL!

Nearby industrial areas have free parking most of the time; but walking back to it after the game is no so great.
Actually, I got free parking right by the stadium at the last Furman game there. I think that area is usually part of the fair grounds that were opened up because the state fair was also going on that day. I was ready to pay but it was free.
Maybe it's always free there, I don't go there enough to be sure.
 #5558  by FUBeAR
 Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:10 am
sluggo wrote:
Flagman wrote:
sluggo wrote:
gman wrote:

Nearby industrial areas have free parking most of the time; but walking back to it after the game is no so great.
Actually, I got free parking right by the stadium at the last Furman game there. I think that area is usually part of the fair grounds that were opened up because the state fair was also going on that day. I was ready to pay but it was free.
I thought you lived in the shadow of Williams Brice Stadium. I seem to remember reading that in some of the newspaper articles published after you single-handedly dominated the entire vaunted front 7 of the Gamecocks’ D in 1982. No?
 #5560  by sluggo
 Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:26 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:10 am
sluggo wrote:
Flagman wrote:
sluggo wrote:
gman wrote:

I thought you lived in the shadow of Williams Brice Stadium. I seem to remember reading that in some of the newspaper articles published after you single-handedly dominated the entire vaunted front 7 of the Gamecocks’ D in 1982. No?
Hahaha.
Newspaper reporters use clever descriptions.
I live about 5 miles from Williams Brice; near Dentsville where RNE High is.
You did your share of dominating that day bro. You put Andrew Province was on ice enough plays.
We moved the ball on the ground that day and ran right up the middle on the goal line.
Some Carolina fans I know still cringe when the subject of that game comes up. hehehe.

I think you should get my paladin seacape to support the arts (ummm, I mean keep my internet on) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqy64ewrkyjtp ... 4.jpg?dl=0

I'll sign it "Sluggo" if you request. LOL!