• First Ask The AD Of New School Year

#74222  by fupaladin01
 Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:14 am
What actions are the school and the Southern Conference taking to ensure we have an even playing field (home playoff games and seeding in particular) in the national landscape? Bidding strategy? PR campaign aimed at commissioners and national media? Do you believe simply winning games will earn the respect of Furman and the SoCon at large?
 #74227  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:29 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:14 am
What actions are the school and the Southern Conference taking to ensure we have an even playing field (home playoff games and seeding in particular) in the national landscape? Bidding strategy? PR campaign aimed at commissioners and national media? Do you believe simply winning games will earn the respect of Furman and the SoCon at large?
Not an attempt to answer to your questions - just a couple of comments around the topic…

* Seeded Teams don’t have to make bids.
* It is widely thought that 2023 will be the last year of 1st round bids because it is believed the committee will seed 16 Teams in 2024 going forward. So, the only way bids might come into play would be if 2 unseeded Teams win 2nd round games and meet each other in the quarterfinals. Can check, but FUBeAR doesn’t think that has ever happened.
* FUBeAR speculates that no FCS Football Coach, Athletic Director, Conference Official, and/ or School President will publicly acknowledge any need for a PR campaign to enhance the perception of a school / conference in the minds of the members of the Playoff Selection Committee. FUBeAR agrees 100% with what he assumes is the premise of your message. FUBeAR KNOWS these subjective perceptions matter WAY MORE than anyone will publicly acknowledge. FUBeAR thinks besides WINNING, it really falls to the fans / alumni of Teams/Conferences to grass-roots /crowd-source such a campaign.
MNORM liked this
 #74276  by Stumpy
 Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:02 pm
Dear Dan,

I watched a bit of this on the YouTubes last night whilst enjoying a frosty cold Kentucky beverage or 9. I kept getting distracted by all of the backward Fs. At first, I thought my beverages were getting to me, but I was told that they were really backward. Please fix.

Your greatest fan,

Stumpy
dornb liked this
 #74288  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:54 pm
DanScott wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:07 pm
Not sure why that happened. I’ll look into it.
FUBeAR thought it was a distress signal - like a ship flying Old Glory upside down or McCain’s blinking out SOS in Morse Code - so FUBeAR called Tracey and did a wellness check on all 3. Was quite relieved to learn all were OK and there was no hostage situation at hand.
dornb, Stumpy liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.