• SoCon Awards

#67471  by FU Hoopla
 Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:15 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:18 pm
congratulations to bob richey who is MY coach of the year,despite the idiots who chose bucky and unc g coach.at least they got slawson and bothwell right.
Like seriously, what did the 3rd place UNCG coach do to deserve getting that, someone please tell me, its such a joke :lol:
QCGlue liked this
 #67476  by FurmAlum
 Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:10 pm
Congrats to Slawson, Bothwell, and Vanderwal and agree with all the comments about COY.

Do not understand how Pegues was left off any team. Heck, in my opinion he's the best point guard in the league.

Also Foster should have been at least 3rd team.
dornb, FU Hoopla, purplehorse123 and 1 others liked this
 #67477  by apaladin
 Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:15 pm
So SoConish! Geesh! CBR is COY. He lost 2 stars and won the league. UNCG had 6 seniors and fiished 3rd. Bucky loaded up with transfers and finished 2nd.
Last edited by apaladin on Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
dornb, furpop16, FU Hoopla and 1 others liked this
 #67485  by purplehorse123
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:41 am
I am sure CBR would trade a tourney championship and NCAA bid for COY award. Plus we all know he is the best coach in the conference hands down.
dornb, bj93, FU Hoopla liked this
 #67489  by KingPaladin
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:29 am
Roundball wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:08 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:13 pm
What a joke that UNCG and Samford coaches split coach of the year, absurd politics at play, everyone with half a brain knows Richey deserved that award and we owned both those teams this season.
Richey literally took us from devastation last March to turning that around and reaching even greater heights as a program this season, what a joke to not give that man his credit.

Tell me what did that guy do at UNCG this year, he had 6 seniors and finished in 3rd place, what a joke :lol:
You are absolutely right about those two coaches. My goodness, the coach at Western did a better job with his team than Samford or UNCG. It’s like the coach that is picked to win the conference, and then proceeds to do it, gets penalized. Yet another reason the SoCon is joke of a league. By the way, what media knows anything about the Southern Conference?
It's a Socon association of media
FU Hoopla liked this
 #67490  by KingPaladin
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:30 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:15 pm
So SoConish! Geesh! CBR is COY. He lost 2 stars and won the league. UNCG had 6 seniors and fiished 3rd. Bucky loaded up with transfers and finished 2nd.
Not sure why the Coaches even considered UNCG coach, he wasn't even on my radar
FU Hoopla liked this
 #67495  by Davemeister
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:17 am
JS - POY - as expected. Congrats!

JS & MB - First Team - as expected. Congrats!

BV - Frosh Team - as expected. Congrats!

CBR - not COY? - BS!

JP - not at least 2nd Team? - Total BS!
Roundball, FU Hoopla, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #67497  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:23 am
The media in Greenville barely covers us. If you go to the Birmingham newspapers website and the tv stations website and search for info on Samford basketball, there is not much to find. It’s the same in Greensboro too. The only media market that covers the SoCon in a consistent manner is Charleston. The P&C and the local tv stations in Charleston give more coverage that the rest of the media combined. So, who are these media members that supposedly cover SoCon basketball? I have a feeling these media members don’t know anything about what is going on in the SoCon. If they did, they would cover the teams.
Chuckles, FU Hoopla liked this
 #67503  by Flagman
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:36 am
The only media I ever see at a game are SoCon John, Scott Keeler and Monty Dutton.
FU Hoopla, QCGlue, apaladin liked this
 #67521  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:28 pm
Give the media credit as they voted Bucky COY which is better than the coaches selection of Jones. SMH.
 #67523  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:51 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:28 pm
Give the media credit as they voted Bucky COY which is better than the coaches selection of Jones. SMH.
For real! Jones did not accomplish 1 single thing this year, he went an awful 6-7 in the out-of-conference portion, and was picked to finish 3rd preseason in SoCon and followed that up by finishing 3rd. He has 6 seniors this year, plus UNCG is a program that has won plenty over the years and is not hard to get players into academically, he can pretty much take any transfers available out there. In all my years this has to be the least deserving award I have ever seen given out in the SoCon, its like Jones got a dang participation trophy, total BS.
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.