• Tyler Huff

#57573  by AstroDin
 Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:21 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:51 am
I hear he’s ready. I wonder how much we’ll see him.
I'm impressed with how Roper appears to get Quarterbacks reps during the week and has the QBs prepared to play. Justin mentioned in the pregame last week that they run the number 1 QB and number 2 QB on different hash marks, getting the same reps.

I saw a confident Jace Wilson last week - prepared to start and perform at a high level. I doubt Roper would list Huff or if he didn't get a bunch of reps during this week's practices. I hope JR can find ways to use both today.
 #57582  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:39 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:21 am
AllTimeFU wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:51 am
I hear he’s ready. I wonder how much we’ll see him.
I'm impressed with how Roper appears to get Quarterbacks reps during the week and has the QBs prepared to play. Justin mentioned in the pregame last week that they run the number 1 QB and number 2 QB on different hash marks, getting the same reps.

I saw a confident Jace Wilson last week - prepared to start and perform at a high level. I doubt Roper would list Huff or if he didn't get a bunch of reps during this week's practices. I hope JR can find ways to use both today.
Astro, no big deal - its not Roper I am referring to.

Its the way we have been known to list guys on the two deep for years and even this year! Jumper and Blackshear were listed as outright starters at CSU - in CAPS etc. Yet neither saw the field . Clearly CCH never intended for them to see the field (keep for SoCon run or what have you) as that game was tight !! Scary game ande two listed starters never played a snap. They were unavailable and listed as outright starters.

I hope Huff is available - that would bode well for the future ! Hope he is healing fast but that JW leads us to a great victory - or anyway, that we win with whomever at QB

I do assume only one guy ran with the majority of first team OL RB and WR snaps in practice which is a big deal. I assume that was JW?
 #57586  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:23 am
The depth chart is a guide. It usually comes out 5 days before the actual game. Things change over the course of the week.
 #57589  by FurmAlum
 Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:42 am
Huff being listed as "0r" just shows what a tough competitor he his. Being ready to play in less than 2 weeks after a dislocated elbow (ouch). Gotta be a painful injury.

Would like to see Jace lead us to victory and hold out Huff one more week.
 #57606  by cavedweller2
 Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:00 pm
Hang 35 on them in the first half and then let the freshman take it home.
FUBeAR liked this
 #57834  by AstroDin
 Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:17 pm
Much respect for Mr. Huff.
Found out today on the coach's show he's ROTC and a Second lieutenant in the reserves.
Bootie, gman84, FU3 and 3 others liked this
 #57835  by Bootie
 Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:25 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:17 pm
Much respect for Mr. Huff.
Found out today on the coach's show he's ROTC and a Second lieutenant in the reserves.
Salute!
FUBeAR, Davemeister liked this