• Furman @ Miss. St. Dec. 17th

#47836  by din23
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:21 pm
Anyone who said this about last night is not an expert: “ Rigged game, we so much better than UNC its not even funny”. There were some very talented kids wearing white last night, and your blind passion every game twists you to blame the refs for any outcome you don’t like.

We knew we would get outrebounded against a team as big as UNC. We needed lots of 3s to win, and we only kept that up for 20 minutes.

We all would love to have more size, but if you have seen our third and fourth bigs play in the last few games, you’ll see that they’re not ready for prime time. Repass was clearly a liability against App and Bob pulled him back out.

Hein, on the other hand, had a good first half last night, and I was disappointed to see his minutes limited in the second.
FurmAlum liked this
 #47837  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:12 pm
din23 wrote:
Anyone who said this about last night is not an expert: “ Rigged game, we so much better than UNC its not even funny”. There were some very talented kids wearing white last night, and your blind passion every game twists you to blame the refs for any outcome you don’t like.

We knew we would get outrebounded against a team as big as UNC. We needed lots of 3s to win, and we only kept that up for 20 minutes.

We all would love to have more size, but if you have seen our third and fourth bigs play in the last few games, you’ll see that they’re not ready for prime time. Repass was clearly a liability against App and Bob pulled him back out.

Hein, on the other hand, had a good first half last night, and I was disappointed to see his minutes limited in the second.

Sorry but 5 fouls on UNC in nearly 30 minutes of game is going to screw any game up for any team, truth of the matter is that is total rigged BS for the big school, that's just a fact

And yeah of course we got killed on the boards, our average height most of the night was probably about 6'2 lol :lol:

True we are not going to recruit 'Big's' that come in ready to go on day 1, but also our 'Big's' will never be ready to contribute until they get more game action, also just a fact

So if we are not willing to take some lumps while developing the big guys in these early months we will never be ready to win the SoCon title come March and take the next step as a program. We are only 7-4 so its not like we are setting the world on fire playing with a bunch of small dudes, right now we are just wasting a golden opportunity to develop what we are going to need down the line.
 #47838  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:16 pm
The game has changed, it’s not an inside game anymore. It’s all about the 3 these days. Most teams don’t even play people over 6’8” and if they do, guess what, they can shoot the 3. UNC was an exceptionally big team. CBR called them one of the biggest teams in the country. We won’t see many teams that big very often. DR- I understand what you are sayng but the time when big men dominated the game are long gone. Instead of worrying about developing the bigs we better worry about finding some shooters. Like PaladinPower said let’s enjoy this season and stop worrying about next year. Enjoy the journey.
Last edited by apaladin on Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FurmAlum, dornb liked this
 #47839  by din23
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:17 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
din23 wrote:

Sorry but 5 fouls on UNC in nearly 30 minutes of game is going to screw any game up for any team, truth of the matter is that is total rigged BS for the big school, that's just a fact

And yeah of course we got killed on the boards, our average height most of the night was probably about 6'2 lol :lol:

True we are not going to recruit 'Big's' that come in ready to go on day 1, but also our 'Big's' will never be ready to contribute until they get more game action, also just a fact

So if we are not willing to take some lumps while developing the big guys in these early months we will never be ready to win the SoCon title come March and take the next step as a program. We are only 7-4 so its not like we are setting the world on fire playing with a bunch of small dudes, right now we are just wasting a golden opportunity to develop what we are going to need down the line.
we so much better than UNC its not even funny

:lol:
 #47840  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:20 pm
We started the second half last night with 4 players 6’3” or under. Prolly wasn’t a good move as CBR stated in the postgame.
 #47843  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:41 pm
din23 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:17 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
din23 wrote:

we so much better than UNC its not even funny

:lol:

You must be a UNC guy for sure

As good as we played in the first half Furman would have been up by 10 at halftime with fair officiating easy
 #47844  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:43 pm
apaladin wrote:
We started the second half last night with 4 players 6’3” or under. Prolly wasn’t a good move as CBR stated in the postgame.
Well that's good to hear from him at least, we got to get our team to the point we can play our style and still bring some size to the table, being the smallest team in the country will have its own major limitations
 #47847  by GOAT
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:18 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:30 pm
GOAT wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:17 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:48 pm
BOB RICHEY STOP PLAYING SO SMALL, IF WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE SOCON TOURNEY AND NOT CHOKE AGAIN AND AGAIN LIKE WE HAVE WE NEED SOME SIZE, PLAY THE BIGGER KIDS YOU RECRUITED AND GIVE THEM SOME EXPERIENCE, DEVELOP THEM OVER TIME IN GAME ACTION AND WE JUST MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE COME MARCH :!:
Will you please share with us your basketball background. What levels have you coached at, did you play in HS or college? How many FU practices have you watched this year?
No need to get so defensive I am simply pointing out the obvious, funny that you would even question me talking about size at Furman when we got out rebounded last night 44-25.
I am an expert on Furman Basketball.
I have seen our failures in the tourney first hand ever year and know exactly what our problem has been.
I know our major weakness every single year is depth in the frontcourt, you would have to be an absolute idiot to not see and understand that for yourself.

If we are going to ever be an elite mid major then we are going to have to develop some size, I am sure Bob Richey knows this and he needs to just play those boys more and trust the process, the lineups we run out there right now make us one of the smallest teams in the country.

We have been outrebounded in almost every game this year
We are giving up a ton of layups and dunks in the paint
We lost at Belmont on a failure to secure a rebound, was very much similar situation at Winthrop

The writing is on the wall, DEVELOP SOME :idea: SIZE DOWN LOW IN THE PROGRAM TO GET TO NEXT LEVEL
My question about your basketball experience was to find out if you had any idea what you were talking about. Not just rebounding, you also want to tell the coach who to play and refer to loses as choking and complain about officials and on and on.
You answered my question, you are not an expert on FU basketball and you have not seen any practices. I am going to trust the coach that has been at practice and watched players perform over some self appointed expert on this board. Also, very few games are lost because of choking. Most of the time you lose because the other team played better. Blaming loses on choking and the referees is not what people with real basketball knowledge do.
FurmAlum, din23, soconjohn liked this
 #47848  by RaleighDin
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:46 pm
apaladin wrote:
Is the postgame posted anywhere, or was it with Dan on the radio?
 #47855  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:13 pm
RaleighDin wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:46 pm
apaladin wrote:
Is the postgame posted anywhere, or was it with Dan on the radio?
It was from Dan and Tom on the radio. They also said the team had some exams on Wednesday and then they were done and could act like an NBA team for a month. That will be nice for them.
 #47863  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:51 am
GOAT wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:18 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:30 pm
GOAT wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:17 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:48 pm
BOB RICHEY STOP PLAYING SO SMALL, IF WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE SOCON TOURNEY AND NOT CHOKE AGAIN AND AGAIN LIKE WE HAVE WE NEED SOME SIZE, PLAY THE BIGGER KIDS YOU RECRUITED AND GIVE THEM SOME EXPERIENCE, DEVELOP THEM OVER TIME IN GAME ACTION AND WE JUST MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE COME MARCH :!:
Will you please share with us your basketball background. What levels have you coached at, did you play in HS or college? How many FU practices have you watched this year?
No need to get so defensive I am simply pointing out the obvious, funny that you would even question me talking about size at Furman when we got out rebounded last night 44-25.
I am an expert on Furman Basketball.
I have seen our failures in the tourney first hand ever year and know exactly what our problem has been.
I know our major weakness every single year is depth in the frontcourt, you would have to be an absolute idiot to not see and understand that for yourself.

If we are going to ever be an elite mid major then we are going to have to develop some size, I am sure Bob Richey knows this and he needs to just play those boys more and trust the process, the lineups we run out there right now make us one of the smallest teams in the country.

We have been outrebounded in almost every game this year
We are giving up a ton of layups and dunks in the paint
We lost at Belmont on a failure to secure a rebound, was very much similar situation at Winthrop

The writing is on the wall, DEVELOP SOME :idea: SIZE DOWN LOW IN THE PROGRAM TO GET TO NEXT LEVEL
My question about your basketball experience was to find out if you had any idea what you were talking about. Not just rebounding, you also want to tell the coach who to play and refer to loses as choking and complain about officials and on and on.
You answered my question, you are not an expert on FU basketball and you have not seen any practices. I am going to trust the coach that has been at practice and watched players perform over some self appointed expert on this board. Also, very few games are lost because of choking. Most of the time you lose because the other team played better. Blaming loses on choking and the referees is not what people with real basketball knowledge do.

Please lol, its a freaking message board and ill feel free to voice my opinion on here whenever I want, don't need some clown like you on here going around to police opinions and ask for credentials :roll:

No need to sugar coat, when a top seed loses to a lower seed its called choking, we have done it multiple times, just the fact of the matter, and yes we are too small without question, need to get bigger and play bigger to go to next level.
6 straight years top 3 in socon, and not 1 single appearance in socon title game during that time.
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
bj93 liked this
 #47864  by Affirm
 Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:53 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
din23 wrote:

OK, you explained your statement that I was asking for clarification on; and I appreciate it. And I also notice others’ take on the same matter.
 #47865  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:56 am
Win @ Miss. St. and maybe at large hopes are still alive, if only lose a few socon games and lose in title game, guess we could get consideration at about 26-8 with OOC wins at Louisville and at Miss. St.

That would be:
9-4 OOC
15-3 SoCon
2-1 Tourney

Lose this game however and those hopes are probably dead
 #47868  by apaladin
 Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:36 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:56 am
Win @ Miss. St. and maybe at large hopes are still alive, if only lose a few socon games and lose in title game, guess we could get consideration at about 26-8 with OOC wins at Louisville and at Miss. St.

That would be:
9-4 OOC
15-3 SoCon
2-1 Tourney

Lose this game however and those hopes are probably dead
Unfortunately no SoCon or other mid-major is getting in with 8 losses. Should they be considered yes, will they no. You have to remember the selections are controlled by the Power 5’s(fb term) but same. They would much rather give a break even team with one or 2 good wins, ignoring all the losses and keep the money to themselves. They throw a bone ever now and then but not often. It’s all about money, they want to keep it all, and not about deserving. Our best case scenario is win the regular season and secure the auto to the NIT.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.