• The final 3 games

#45648  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:15 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:42 am
I’m gonna say we finish 3-0 and go into the offseason with some confidence. Crazy you say?

Data driven, I say. (That was for my friend gf)

We have an O that is helpless when we can’t run the ball. When we CAN run the ball, we win. We score points, we possesses the ball and our D rests.

Looking at the SoCon stats this morning, it was clear to me….

Chattanooga leads the league in rush D, and ETSU and Mercer are 2 and 3. (We are 4th)

We’ve notched wins over Citadel (5th) and Wofford (6th) best run Ds.

Our final 3 are against Western (8th), Samford (7th) and VMI (9th).

I expect to see us establish the run, throw off play action, score points and our D, given that they’ll have some time to rest as we should avoid repetitive 3 and outs, will play decent ball as they have all year.

Trust the data.
I knew this Paul guy was OK. :D :D

I will be VERY interested to see how we finish the season. If it appears we have mailed it in I will view that 5 minutes at UTC as a big mistake. If we show serious effort (granted, this can be hard to tell as a fan but you can see emotions etc ) then ok. I just hope we continue to TRY as a team. I want to see production for the future.

Running success. JW getting experience. OL development. I realize our O will probably look better due to the opponents so it’s tough to judge but any win is a good one. Love to go 3-0 and we can. As was noted when we run for 100+ - WE WIN. It just helps the QB and everything like play action so much. If they don’t respect the run we are fighting a serious uphill as this year has shown.

That said, while I want to go 3-0 and IMPROVE, I agree with the person that said that even 3-0 should in no way mask the fact we need serious help on O and there should be changes regardless !!. I like the idea of involving Bratton or someone to bring fresh ideas. Honestly can’t be worse. Man. I still can’t get over these TWO 3 point showing. Good grief - need change!!!

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.