• Quarterback Position

#42312  by apaladin
 Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:04 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:53 pm
FWIW - Samford has 10 QB’s & 20 WR’s on their current online roster.
Of course 4-5-6 of the FU qbs will redshirt this year.
 #42313  by The Jackal
 Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:06 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:39 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:08 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:59 am
Depth is good but more than 4 is a crowd. I don’t see how they can get enough work at practice to really develop.

I was hoping that out of this cattle call SOMEBODY would be clearly better than what we saw in the spring. So much for that I guess. So I hope the coaches have rewritten the playbook to get optimal performance out of our guy. Like Jesse Jackson used to say,”Don’t worry ‘bout what you don’t have. Use whatcha got!”
Hate to disappoint you but the playbook looked exactly the same at the scrimmage Saturday. The stand still handoff 8 yds deep and run for your life. The sideway option where there is no option just a straight pitch for a 5 yd loss. The insane straight sideways pass behind the line of scrimmage if perfectly executed gets 2 yds max etc, etc. Of course I am sure this was all just a smoke screen and we won’t see these come game time. 😳 You know the definition of insanity is trying to get different results from doing the same things. That’s Furman’s offense in a nutshell.
You don't really think Furman would show its cards in an open house scrimmage - adding while running lots of young players in and out?

Concerning all the quarterbacks on the roster - you forget we run scout teams all year. Many a walkon has earned PT with scout team performance.

And as far as numbers go — have you looked at the depth at running back?
Tailback - 6
Runningback - 6
out of that - at least 7 maybe 8 are on scholarship.

It's year 5 of Clay Hendrix and our fans still show up at the fan fest expecting to see a full fledged scrimmage game.

Under Hendrix, this event has basically always been just a practice with some live reps. A lot of the guys playing aren't going to see much time on Saturdays this fall.

I'm not sure you can watch a practice two weeks before the season starts and draw many conclusions.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.