• SoCon slate Feb. 1st

#24740  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:24 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:18 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:43 pm
We need to watch what ETSU is doing against UNCG’s full court pressure. Making it look easy.
It helps to have big guards that can throw it over those tall guys on the press. And it also helps to attack it by throwing the ball down the court instead of just passing back and forth in the backcourt. That's what they want you to do, and then trap you when you get it just past the half-court line.

I didn't watch that game Roundball, what were they doing?
Shooting layups.
 #24746  by Roundball
 Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:04 am
One thing I noticed is that when UNCG scored, ETSU quickly grabbed the ball and got it to their moving guard. He raced down the court within a couple of seconds, resulting in some easy shots. ETSU did not allow G to setup their full court press. We seem to take our time, not getting the ball thrown in until the press is already setup.
FUpaladin08 liked this
 #24755  by FUpaladin08
 Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:08 am
Roundball wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:04 am
One thing I noticed is that when UNCG scored, ETSU quickly grabbed the ball and got it to their moving guard. He raced down the court within a couple of seconds, resulting in some easy shots. ETSU did not allow G to setup their full court press. We seem to take our time, not getting the ball thrown in until the press is already setup.
Seems like an easy enough counter to employ when we visit UNCG. Just play faster. No need to overthink it.
Roundball liked this
 #24765  by tya1
 Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:17 pm
We tend to be too passive against the press. I think you need properly timed aggression. Find the weak spot and attack immediately.

Punish them and they will back off.
FUpaladin08 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:32 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.