• FCS Playoffs in Spring 2021

#33306  by The Jackal
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:20 am
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:01 am
Next time these two programs meet, I feel sorry for the 'Noles.
I agree. The cancellation was ridiculous! Two hours before kickoff? No evidence of transmission in a game, player had been sent home. Did not follow ACC protocol. How did they get away with it? Games have proceeded with much worse. If everyone did like FSU there would be/will be very few games. Not a CU fan but I would not let up and beat them as bad as I could.

You need to read the article.

Essentially, both FSU and Clemson were operating within ACC guidelines. Despite protocols, there are gray areas. This case fell in the gray area.

In fact, many around the ACC anticipated this exact problem. For those programs wanting to play football this fall, this is the price of admission.
 #33307  by cavedweller2
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:11 pm
FSU didnt want to take the ass whoopin. They was skeered.
DeepPurple liked this
 #33309  by Furmanoid
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:29 pm
I think the key is that Clemson’s guy was symptomatic at practice. FSU wants us to believe that nobody practices at FSU if they have any symptoms. Considering the list of possible symptoms, that would eliminate anybody with allergies or asthma and anybody with body aches or headaches. A cold would knock people out for a week or more. Certain foods would knock you out as well. So I guess only a handful of people practice at FSU which explains why they suck so bad.
 #33316  by FUBeAR
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:00 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:29 pm
I think the key is that Clemson’s guy was symptomatic at practice. FSU wants us to believe that nobody practices at FSU if they have any symptoms. Considering the list of possible symptoms, that would eliminate anybody with allergies or asthma and anybody with body aches or headaches. A cold would knock people out for a week or more. Certain foods would knock you out as well. So I guess only a handful of people practice at FSU which explains why they suck so bad.
Straight from the CDC

People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Interestingly, those seem to be the exact same symptoms, all of which, except for “New loss of taste or smell,” FUBeAR, and 90% of the FU Football Team, suffered every Friday after TNC and for several days to a week after the annual Alpha Nu Extravaganza, the Alpha Nu Founder’s / Groundhog Day Party, and the Alpha Nu Hawaiian Party.

Good thing we ain’t have no ‘rona in those days - we’d have never played a game!
Last edited by FUBeAR on Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paladin82 liked this
 #33341  by FUBeAR
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:00 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:47 pm
Maybe that was a Covid 82 outbreak.
Nope - Coltvid 45 ML & Covid 420, perhaps
 #33343  by cavedweller2
 Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:35 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:00 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:47 pm
Maybe that was a Covid 82 outbreak.
Nope - Coltvid 45 ML & Covid 420, perhaps
More than likely a combination of both.
FUBeAR liked this
 #33450  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:58 am
I see where Virginia is now PO’d at FSU saying they have no desire to go back to Tallahassee. They want some updated protocols from the ACC. Why doesn’t FSU just come out and say they don’t won’t to play anymore this year?
DeepPurple liked this