#75129  by MidlandsPaladin
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:08 pm
I'm not a fan of Beamer, but I love this:

This is Shane Beamer’s reality: Furman won’t be an easy win. While sometimes an FCS program might be shrugged off as a no-big-deal type of game, Beamer made it clear he doesn’t view the Paladins like that. “This is a hell of a football team coming in here this weekend,” Beamer said Tuesday during his weekly availability. “And that’s not coach speak and ‘Shane’s trying to rally the guys’ on Tuesday.” Despite the acknowledgment of Furman’s success, the Gamecocks’ head coach said he’s still confident South Carolina can walk out of Williams-Brice Stadium with a victory. It just might take more effort than what some people may be expecting. “They won’t be wide-eyed and coming in here on Saturday night,” Beamer said. “So if anybody thinks this is a ‘take-a-breath week,’ you’re sorely mistaken.”
 #75134  by FUBeAR
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:24 pm
sluggo wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:22 pm
Hehehe.

:D
You comin’?

FUBeAR bought your away jersey at the last Golf Event and we can get you dressed out and on the field in ur old stomping grounds Saturday night.
 #75135  by sluggo
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:28 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
sluggo wrote:
Hehehe.

You comin’?

FUBeAR bought your away jersey at the last Golf Event and we can get you dressed out and on the field in ur old stomping grounds Saturday night.
Yep, will be in the FU section #17.

#75136  by FUBeAR
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:32 pm
sluggo wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
sluggo wrote:
Hehehe.

You comin’?

HKB60 bought our tix - so not sure of the section. 74 has been attending a good many FU events in recent months, so he might make the trip from Northern VA. If we can get Milky to show, we can roll a whole line out there for a few series. You in?
 #75137  by sluggo
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:37 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:32 pm
sluggo wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
sluggo wrote:
Hehehe.

You comin’?

HKB60 bought our tix - so not sure of the section. 74 has been attending a good many FU events in recent months, so he might make the trip from Northern VA. If we can get Milky to show, we can roll a whole line out there for a few series. You in?
I'm in. Are walking canes allowed on the field?
Asking for a friend.
FUBeAR liked this
 #75138  by sluggo
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:39 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
How much you gonna charge me to buy my jersey?
 #75139  by FUBeAR
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:44 pm
sluggo wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
Would never part with such priceless memorabilia. Gonna pay you to autograph it instead.
 #75140  by sluggo
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:54 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:44 pm
sluggo wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
Would never part with such priceless memorabilia. Gonna pay you to autograph it instead.
Dude, I sign that for free any day.
Ultimate respect that you bought it.
 #75142  by sluggo
 Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:05 pm
sluggo wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:54 pm
Dude, I sign that for free any day.
Ultimate respect that you bought it.
I corrected a word in that post after I google it.
Respect is what I'm talking about.
 #75149  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:50 am
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:46 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:14 am
Is Achina the one that CCH said had foot surgery and is out for the year? I coukdn’t understand who he was talking about. He said Norman was questionable but everyone else practiced on Monday.
Yes, he said Achina had surgery and is out for the rest of the year.
Clay's statement was "we play in the game who can practice, and it's too early to tell about Fred."
Dam, Achina won the starting job last year at ILB and went out in Clemson game. Now again.. I hope he stays in program as he was listed above Jalen Miller as the starter last year ! But I get it. Just sad for him. Hope we get a year or two of football from him as he must be outstanding to win the 'starter position as a R-Fr last year

Sorry to hear that for the young man
 #75150  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:01 am
Back to the game at hand: this may be Captain Obvious but here are my concerns in order of concerns:
1. Their large and talented receivers against our talented but smallish dbs.
2. Our OL vs. their DL. I think we may be missing Johanning and Jumper more than we think. Can we run the ball?
3. Do we have a go to receiver, especially in short yardage situations? I miss RM already.
4. How SC responds to last week. How fired up will they be?
Notes: The 2 deep is basically the same for the second game with a couple of tweeks:
RT-Hundley listed as starter with Norman as backup.
WR-Ferguson now listed as starter with Anderson or Hintin as backup.
RB-Same except K Thomas is no longer listed as “or” as backup
Last edited by apaladin on Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #75151  by gofurman
 Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:21 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:40 am
Roundball wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:56 am
I found the Official Scoring Summary of our 1982 victory over the Gamecocks. The ink is fading, but it is still readable and it is cool.

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/side ... _Stats.pdf
Hey - FUBeAR had a solo tackle in that game on an INT and it's not on the Stat Sheet ... (looking up Hunter Reid's email right now)

Y'all think we can turn it over 5 times on Saturday night, as we did in '82 (3 lost fumbles & 2 INT's), and still win?
FUBeAR..WOW - i had not idea we turned it over 5 times vs USC and WON ! Great job.. are you all sure you don't have some eligibility left ? :D

NO OFFENSE to current OL at all... our current guys could be hockey line one and FUBeAR etc could run hockey line two !
FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.