• ETSU @ Furman (Feb. 19th 6pm)

#66883  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:43 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:06 pm
purplehorse123 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:06 am
I dislike Sunday games more than I dislike Wednesday games. Much prefer Thursday and Saturday but I believe the coaches and players prefer Wednesday/Saturday. It is what it is.
Would this game be on ESPNU if we played on Saturday? I doubt it. While attendance in Timmons was lower we got national coverage. I have a friend living in Denver text me about seeing Furman on TV in a bar. That’s huge.
Yes it is huge. Obviously it was tv that caused the game to be on Sunday and I don’t have a problem with that as it gets the team national exposure.
 #66884  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:46 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:08 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:31 am
When Haynes faked injury at the end of the game to avoid shootng the foul shots, what is the ruling? In the past I think the opposing coach got to choose who shoots the free throws?
He did not fake an injury. He had a cramp. I spoke to him after the game as he walked off the court. He was the last ETSU player to leave, as he was speaking to every Furman player and coach. More importantly, our players and coaches were seeking him out. That young man played hard the entire game, and I told him so. The reaction to his fall from a few Furman fans was embarrassing. Even our own players, especially Slawson, heard the fans and asked them to shut up. It’s fans like the handful yesterday that need to stay home. It was a shameful display. By the way, if anyone bothered to notice, he was limping as he left the court. I am glad that many fans clapped for him as he got up and walked to the bench where his trainers worked on the leg.
Ok I apologize but he came back in real quickly and was running without limping. Sure he is a nice guy and we could not stop him. Please get off your high horse and don’t tell people to stay home. We already have enougn that do that.
FU Hoopla liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.