• Furman @ UTC Jan. 15 (CBS Sports)

#49173  by Affirm
 Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:53 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:49 am
One thing I think CBR is frustraed with is the system that determines who gets to the big dance. It of course is controlled by the big conferences just like the CFPlayoffs. That is why you see multiple undeserving, mediocre teams from these same conferences. Sometimes as many as 10 from one conference. Ridiculous. They want to keep all the money to themselves. Plain and simple. BTW, no one has more money than Clempson, including SC.
So why wouldn’t CBR leave Furman for one of those big conferences and escape the frustration. He’s not going to change the system. Someone might eventually, but it wouldn’t be easy and probably would never change. As you said, it’s about money.
And BTW, I highly doubt, and believe I am right, that UofSC athletics has more money than Clemson athletics. That fact is largely due to SEC membership versus ACC membership, but also due in small part to the fact that UofSC is a much bigger school, more alumni, etc. But yes, both of them have and spend insane amounts of money on athletics. Next year’s salary from UofSC will be $3.3 million for Frank Martin and more than that, I believe, for Dawn Staley (especially with her incentive bonuses).
 #49181  by apaladin
 Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:56 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:46 am
If UTC runs the table but we win the tournament, wouldn’t the SoCon get 2 in?
Two things wrong here. UTC will not run the table without Baptiste and FU won’t win the tourney 😥but someone else could. In that case UTC would end up 29-5, be a top 40 Net team and would be talked about as a bubble team. In the end the committee aka power 5’s will take a 17-15 team from a major conference who lost their first confernce tourney game. As FurmAlum ponted out never underestimate how bad they can screw the mid-majors.
 #49182  by Affirm
 Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:19 am
UTC is likely to win the tourney; but it still is possible that either FU 😃, or some other team (not UTC), will win the tourney instead. I still worry we’ll lose our coach 😟 if we win the tourney, but at least our 42-year drought would be broken - and then we could start waiting for the year 2064 to do it again. (Doubting I even would want to keep living to the age I’d be in 2064 though. So, as we have said and heard, let’s “enjoy the ride”.)
 #49185  by Fuonetime
 Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:33 am
I agree “enjoy the ride.” CBR has a lot more character and integrity than many in the coaching profession. I think he would only leave for the “right’ offer. He can wait and be picky. I believe he wants to get the job done at FU first and has made a lot of progress thus far. What is getting the job done is up for speculation. In the meantime, Lets continue to support and enjoy our incredible coach and staff and team. Go FU!
 #49186  by cavedweller2
 Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:54 am
He will go to Clemson when that job comes open and become "Basketball Dabo".
 #49187  by apaladin
 Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:05 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:54 am
He will go to Clemson when that job comes open and become "Basketball Dabo".
That is the worst case scenario. Second worst case scenario would be SC. Third worst case scenario is anywhere else.
FU69 liked this
 #49188  by RaleighDin
 Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:23 pm
Clemson does worry me - in the ACC, he does love Dabo, and he wouldn't even have to move to take the job...

Build the man a new arena!!!

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.