The Jackal wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:06 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:44 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:04 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:16 am
The most popular player on a football team is the back up Quarterback or in this case the QB that is not even on the team. I for one dont have the sky is falling mentality toward our QB situation. I saw in Bradley a raw talent with the potential to be really good. He throws a strong accurate ball and is mobile. The OL is going to be more experienced and he will have time to throw this year. The coaches know what they have. I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised at our QB play this year. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I am not wrong.
Grainger was a high school WR who converted to QB

You know another kid that was a high school WR that converted to QB and threw for 2,000+ yards and 17 touchdowns in his only year as a full time starter? Armanti Edwards. Virtually everyone that recruited him wanted him to play WR.
Be careful Jackal.

Cam Burnette was pretty much on Julio Jones level from your descriptions before he departed & now he’s just a “good player.”

Now, FUBeAR wouldn’t suggest you are prone to a bit of purple-tinted hyperbole, but others might.
You can’t even write about hyperbole without hyperbole.

My point is that before everyone looks for a new QB, lets see what the kid that the coaches are so high on has first.
C'mon now...you don't want me bringing over your many, many glowing (near slobbering) mentions of Mr. Burnette on AGS, such as the one below, just to prove my point. You had a major BroMance over him and now the best you can say is that he is "a good player." It's OK. Your blind passion as a Furman Fan is what FUBeAR loves most about you!

"Remember that kid's name. I've watched a lot of Furman football, and he is as impressive a freshman receiver as I can remember. Furman has produced a bunch of really good shifty smaller slot guys, but Burnette is 6'2 and can pick it. I imagine he will terrorize defenses for a long while."
You'll have to direct me to where I mentioned Cam Burnette in this discussion.

Burnette is a good player. I think he'd be a really good player for Furman, but he doesn't want to play for Furman, so he'll go be a really good player for someone else.
 #9768  by FUBeAR
 Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:52 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:24 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:49 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
cavedweller2 wrote:
The most popular player on a football team is the back up Quarterback or in this case the QB that is not even on the team. I for one dont have the sky is falling mentality toward our QB situation. I saw in Bradley a raw talent with the potential to be really good. He throws a strong accurate ball and is mobile. The OL is going to be more experienced and he will have time to throw this year. The coaches know what they have. I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised at our QB play this year. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I am not wrong.

You know another kid that was a high school WR that converted to QB and threw for 2,000+ yards and 17 touchdowns in his only year as a full time starter? Armanti Edwards. Virtually everyone that recruited him wanted him to play WR.
Be careful Jackal.

Cam Burnette was pretty much on Julio Jones level from your descriptions before he departed & now he’s just a “good player.”

Now, FUBeAR wouldn’t suggest you are prone to a bit of purple-tinted hyperbole, but others might.

My point is that before everyone looks for a new QB, lets see what the kid that the coaches are so high on has first.
C'mon now...you don't want me bringing over your many, many glowing (near slobbering) mentions of Mr. Burnette on AGS, such as the one below, just to prove my point. You had a major BroMance over him and now the best you can say is that he is "a good player." It's OK. Your blind passion as a Furman Fan is what FUBeAR loves most about you!

"Remember that kid's name. I've watched a lot of Furman football, and he is as impressive a freshman receiver as I can remember. Furman has produced a bunch of really good shifty smaller slot guys, but Burnette is 6'2 and can pick it. I imagine he will terrorize defenses for a long while."

Burnette is a good player. I think he'd be a really good player for Furman, but he doesn't want to play for Furman, so he'll go be a really good player for someone else.
OK
The Jackal wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:53 am
Burnette is a good player and I'm sorry to see him go.
Post #9122

Upgraded him to a “really good player” now.

Not quite the same as the most impressive receiver you can remember, one who terrorizes defenses...but closer.
 #9769  by The Jackal
 Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:00 am
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
cavedweller2 wrote:

Be careful Jackal.

OK
The Jackal wrote:
Post #9122

Not quite the same as the most impressive receiver you can remember, one who terrorizes defenses...but closer.
So, you cherry pick unrelated conversation about a WR, insert it into a discussion over a quarterback, and then accuse me of being inconsistent on points that clearly have nothing to do with one another. Fallacious argument.

You could just say that I’m bullish on Furman players. I’d agree with you.

I’m still bullish on Burnette. I’d have the same opinion of his skill set regardless of who he playing for. Of course, that hasn’t the first thing to do with my points about Darren Grainger.
 #9771  by FUBeAR
 Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:54 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:00 am
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
cavedweller2 wrote:

Be careful Jackal.

OK
The Jackal wrote:
Post #9122

So, you cherry pick unrelated conversation about a WR, insert it into a discussion over a quarterback, and then accuse me of being inconsistent on points that clearly have nothing to do with one another. Fallacious argument.

You could just say that I’m bullish on Furman players. I’d agree with you.

I’m still bullish on Burnette. I’d have the same opinion of his skill set regardless of who he playing for. Of course, that hasn’t the first thing to do with my points about Darren Grainger.

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.