October 5th - At Samford or Open
October 12th - At Samford or Open
October 19th - Homecoming - Citadel - Posting in Citadel Football Board
October 26th - at Western Carolina
November 2nd - at UTC
November 9th - VMI
November 16th - at Wofford
November 23rd - Open date

I realize that Furman is close to a 12th game. My assumption is that it is for November 23rd
Also, this is a guess based in part by the schedules of other teams and the open dates for other teams to play us. Nothing is certain until the full schedule comes out.

Update on January 21st,
With the release of the ETSU Schedule, the prediction on the schedule still holds true.

Update on January 22nd
UTC just released their schedule. Furman plays at UTC on November 2nd. Predictions continue to hold true.

Based on remaining open dates for Samford, we should play at Samford on October 5th. This seems to be the only possible weekend that we could play each other.

Update on January 25th
VMI Released their schedule today and we play them on November 9th. The prediction on the schedule still holds true from 2 weeks ago.

Update on January 28th
The Wofford Schedule was just released. We play at Wofford on November 16th as predicted. The schedule seems set with the exception of a 12th game.

Update on January 29th
Furman Schedule is released. All predictions were correct. The 12th game is against Point University on November 23rd.

August 31st - CSU
September 7th - at Georgia State
September 14th - at Va Tech
September 21st - Mercer
September 28th - Parents Weekend (Home) - ETSU
October 5th - At Samford
October 12th - Open
November 2nd - at UTC
November 9th - VMI
November 23rd - Point University
Last edited by Northeast Furman Fan on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #9610  by apaladin
 Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:45 pm
Mr. Impatient here. Its been a month since some reported "we are very close to a 12th game". Wonder if that game fell thru and we are still looking since we still have not announced the schedule? If we don't have a 12th game we would only have 2 home games in October and November.(1 each)

Only 11 games for WC. In the article it says the Furman Paladins visit Orangeburg on Nov. 16th. When you think about Orangeburg and Spartanburg are about the same so you can understand the mistake.
 #9613  by Flagman
 Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:56 pm
National Signing Day celebration coming up on February 6. Maybe we can get an announcement there.
 #9615  by The Jackal
 Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:55 pm
Edited to include Wofford.

08/31 Charleston Southern
09/07 at Ga. State
09/14 at Virgina Tech
09/21 Mercer
09/28 ETSU
10/05 ? [CSU, Ga. State, VT, Mystery Team, Mercer, Wofford, the Citadel, VMI, ETSU, Samford, UTC, WCU, Bye]
10/12 ? [CSU, Ga. State, VT, Mystery Team, Mercer, Wofford, the Citadel, VMI, ETSU, Samford, UTC, WCU, Bye]
10/19 ? [CSU, Ga. State, VT, Mystery Team, Mercer, Wofford, the Citadel, VMI, ETSU, Samford, UTC, WCU, Bye]
10/26 at WCU
11/02 at UTC
11/09 VMI
11/16 at Wofford
11/23 Bye or Mystery Team [CSU, Ga. State, VT, Mystery Team, Mercer, Wofford, the Citadel, VMI, ETSU, Samford, UTC, WCU, Bye]
 #9626  by The Jackal
 Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:26 am
I just realized that looking at my chart that we can make pretty educated guesses at the rest of the schedule.

The only option for 10/12 is a bye.
I feel fairly sure the SoCon will not send Furman on three straight road games, so I postulate the Citadel will come to Greenville 10/19
The only other spot to play Samford is 10/5.
The really only question left is whether we play on Nov. 23rd and who is the game against.

08/31 Charleston Southern
09/07 at Ga. State
09/14 at Virgina Tech
09/21 Mercer
09/28 ETSU
10/05 at Samford [CSU, Ga. State, VT, Mystery Team, Mercer, Wofford, the Citadel, VMI, ETSU, Samford, UTC, WCU, Bye]
10/12 Bye [CSU, Ga. State, VT, Mystery Team, Mercer, Wofford, the Citadel, VMI, ETSU, Samford, UTC, WCU, Bye]
10/19 the Citadel [CSU, Ga. State, VT, Mystery Team, Mercer, Wofford, the Citadel, VMI, ETSU, Samford, UTC, WCU, Bye]
10/26 at WCU
11/02 at UTC
11/09 VMI
11/16 at Wofford
11/23 Bye or Mystery Team [CSU, Ga. State, VT, Mystery Team, Mercer, Wofford, the Citadel, VMI, ETSU, Samford, UTC, WCU, Bye]
 #9642  by Northeast Furman Fan
 Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 pm
Here is my best guess at the schedule as of January 11th
August 31st - CSU
September 21st - Mercer
October 5th - At Samford or Open
October 12th - At Samford or Open
November 2nd - at UTC
November 9th - VMI
November 23rd - Open date

I realize that Furman is close to a 12th game. My assumption is that it is for November 23rd
Also, this is a guess based in part by the schedules of other teams and the open dates for other teams to play us. Nothing is certain until the full schedule comes out.

Update on January 21st,
With the release of the ETSU Schedule, the prediction on the schedule still holds true.

Update on January 22nd
UTC just released their schedule. Furman plays at UTC on November 2nd. Predictions continue to hold true.

Based on remaining open dates for Samford, we should play at Samford on October 5th. This seems to be the only possible weekend that we could play each other.

Update on January 25th
VMI Released their schedule today and we play them on November 9th. The prediction on the schedule still holds true from 2 weeks ago.

Update on January 28th
The Wofford Schedule was just released. We play at Wofford on November 16th as predicted. The schedule seems set with the exception of a 12th game.

Update on January 29th
Furman Schedule is released. All predictions were correct. The 12th game is against Point University on November 23rd.

August 31st - CSU
September 21st - Mercer
October 5th - At Samford
October 12th - Open
November 2nd - at UTC
November 9th - VMI
November 23rd - Point University
 #9646  by FUBeAR
 Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:29 pm
So, Point University, the Skyhawks...Head Coach...Furman great, Julius Dixon. Cool! Nice job!
http://www.pointskyhawks.com/SIDHelp/m/ ... xon%7C.php
Last edited by FUBeAR on Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
FUKA61, dornb liked this
 #9649  by The Jackal
 Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:05 pm
Paladin82 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:51 pm
Very good road schedule for us Atlanta folks with the exception of Va. Tech. All games easy to get to.
I'm excited to see the crowd Furman brings to Georgia State. I really hope the university plays that game up big. I mean, when was the last time Furman played in metro Atlanta?
 #9653  by FUBeAR
 Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:53 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:05 pm
Paladin82 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:51 pm
Very good road schedule for us Atlanta folks with the exception of Va. Tech. All games easy to get to.
I'm excited to see the crowd Furman brings to Georgia State. I really hope the university plays that game up big. I mean, when was the last time Furman played in metro Atlanta?
Date Opponent Site Result Attendance
September 2, 1995 Georgia Tech Bobby Dodd Stadium Atlanta L 51–7 38,511

BTW - FUBeAR's daughter was just accepted into grad school at Georgia State (much gratitude to Mrs. Aqualung, a former FU Cheer Athlete, who was very helpful in that process).

And...Y'all know FUBeAR's motto, "DNA before BA"

Contemplating if I might have to be a Panther fan on that day. FUPANTHeR doesn't quite work as well though.

Any guidance / advice / suggestions for me to deal with this upcoming dilemma?
 #9654  by gofurman
 Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:20 am
Good stuff. Glad to see CSU and Point on there !!! So glad we have 12 games. Would be great to go 8-4. Tough with young inexperienced QB but possible.

Anyway, glad we made scheduling adjustments based on the way the playoff "committee" looks at everything so superficially.

Recent Topics

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:18 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.