• Where’s the spirit???

#9585  by FU03times
 Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:51 pm
I used to come on this board to learn the latest news on my favorite team...see what the hype was about, what other fans enjoyed about our games, gain some insider info from people who could spend some extra time in Timmons, talking with players and coaches...
Where is the Furman Fan Forum I loved and enjoyed?
I’d like to invite everyone to take a moment to reflect on the way they think of and talk about this team. Why are we taking Ws for granted? Why do we always move on from our Ws so fast and ponder over our Ls for Lord knows how long...? Where is our faith in our coaches and players, their work and their talent? You think we got our starting 12-0 record by chance this season? You think we went from losing seasons to winning seasons for no reason? When was the last time we lost to a BAD team? When was the last time you chose not to wear your purple and white because you were ashamed of your team colors?

We are a work in progress. No one expected to start our season so good. And some of us got a little too spoiled with that and can’t appreciate a good basketball team because our record is not as perfect as it was a month ago.
Remember last year when we lost to Winthrop? Oh boy, that was rough. What happened? WE FIXED IT. And you know what we’re gonna do after last night’s loss? We’re gonna fix it.

What have these guys done to you that lets you believe it won’t get better? And if you tell me they repeat the same mistakes game after game...sometimes solution 1 doesn’t solve the problem! You gotta work through it, and that’s what CBR does! We celebrate the wins, and we learn from the losses. And you BET we learned something from last night. So I’ll just wait until we figure it out and I’ll support my team through it. They’ve given me way too much to celebrate and be proud of, for me to give up on them just like that.

Repeat after me:
FU ONE TIME
FU TWO TIMES
FU THREE TIMES
FU ALL THE TIME!!!
dornb, FUKA61, Paladin575 and 5 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.